Feb 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The talk of Samuel Pahlsson being available earlier this morning turned out to be true, but it’s not the Detroit Red Wings or Boston Bruins landing him.
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, the Vancouver Canucks have acquired Pahlsson from the Columbus Blue Jackets to help them out as a depth forward. The Jackets will be getting two fourth-round picks from Vancouver according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
Pahlsson has two goals and nine assists this season but scoring won’t be his mission with the Canucks. He’ll be suiting up on their third or fourth line and working at matching up on opposing scorers and winning faceoffs.
— Is good friends with both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. The three won gold together for Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
— Was part of Anaheim’s checking line (along with Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer) that proved vital to the Ducks’ 2007 Stanley Cup run.
— 34 years old, in the final year of a deal that pays $2.65 million annually. Has spent the last three years in Columbus, missing all of four regular season games over that time.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)