Feb 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
The talk of Samuel Pahlsson being available earlier this morning turned out to be true, but it’s not the Detroit Red Wings or Boston Bruins landing him.
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, the Vancouver Canucks have acquired Pahlsson from the Columbus Blue Jackets to help them out as a depth forward. The Jackets will be getting two fourth-round picks from Vancouver according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
Pahlsson has two goals and nine assists this season but scoring won’t be his mission with the Canucks. He’ll be suiting up on their third or fourth line and working at matching up on opposing scorers and winning faceoffs.
– Is good friends with both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. The three won gold together for Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
– Was part of Anaheim’s checking line (along with Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer) that proved vital to the Ducks’ 2007 Stanley Cup run.
– 34 years old, in the final year of a deal that pays $2.65 million annually. Has spent the last three years in Columbus, missing all of four regular season games over that time.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)