Feb 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The talk of Samuel Pahlsson being available earlier this morning turned out to be true, but it’s not the Detroit Red Wings or Boston Bruins landing him.
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, the Vancouver Canucks have acquired Pahlsson from the Columbus Blue Jackets to help them out as a depth forward. The Jackets will be getting two fourth-round picks from Vancouver according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
Pahlsson has two goals and nine assists this season but scoring won’t be his mission with the Canucks. He’ll be suiting up on their third or fourth line and working at matching up on opposing scorers and winning faceoffs.
– Is good friends with both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. The three won gold together for Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
— Was part of Anaheim’s checking line (along with Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer) that proved vital to the Ducks’ 2007 Stanley Cup run.
— 34 years old, in the final year of a deal that pays $2.65 million annually. Has spent the last three years in Columbus, missing all of four regular season games over that time.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)