Feb 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The talk of Samuel Pahlsson being available earlier this morning turned out to be true, but it’s not the Detroit Red Wings or Boston Bruins landing him.
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, the Vancouver Canucks have acquired Pahlsson from the Columbus Blue Jackets to help them out as a depth forward. The Jackets will be getting two fourth-round picks from Vancouver according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
Pahlsson has two goals and nine assists this season but scoring won’t be his mission with the Canucks. He’ll be suiting up on their third or fourth line and working at matching up on opposing scorers and winning faceoffs.
— Is good friends with both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. The three won gold together for Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
— Was part of Anaheim’s checking line (along with Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer) that proved vital to the Ducks’ 2007 Stanley Cup run.
— 34 years old, in the final year of a deal that pays $2.65 million annually. Has spent the last three years in Columbus, missing all of four regular season games over that time.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)