Feb 27, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
The talk of Samuel Pahlsson being available earlier this morning turned out to be true, but it’s not the Detroit Red Wings or Boston Bruins landing him.
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, the Vancouver Canucks have acquired Pahlsson from the Columbus Blue Jackets to help them out as a depth forward. The Jackets will be getting two fourth-round picks from Vancouver according to The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline.
Pahlsson has two goals and nine assists this season but scoring won’t be his mission with the Canucks. He’ll be suiting up on their third or fourth line and working at matching up on opposing scorers and winning faceoffs.
– Is good friends with both Daniel and Henrik Sedin. The three won gold together for Sweden at the 2006 Winter Olympics.
– Was part of Anaheim’s checking line (along with Travis Moen and Rob Niedermayer) that proved vital to the Ducks’ 2007 Stanley Cup run.
– 34 years old, in the final year of a deal that pays $2.65 million annually. Has spent the last three years in Columbus, missing all of four regular season games over that time.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)