Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
Scott, a 6-foot-8, 258-pound enforcer, has been dealt to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 5th-round pick in 2012. The 29-year-old rearguard appeared in 29 games for the ‘Hawks this season, averaging a shade under seven minutes per contest. For his career, Scott has played in 140 games and notched one goal, four assists and 231 penalty minutes. Just in case you were wondering what his role might be with the Rangers.
It’s unclear where Scott fits on the New York defense…if he fits at all. The Rangers current boast a top-six of Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, with the latter taking care of plenty pugilistic duties (he’s fought 15 times this season between the NHL and AHL.) The Rangers also have Brandon Prust, who has been an active fighter throughout his career.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5