Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
Scott, a 6-foot-8, 258-pound enforcer, has been dealt to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 5th-round pick in 2012. The 29-year-old rearguard appeared in 29 games for the ‘Hawks this season, averaging a shade under seven minutes per contest. For his career, Scott has played in 140 games and notched one goal, four assists and 231 penalty minutes. Just in case you were wondering what his role might be with the Rangers.
It’s unclear where Scott fits on the New York defense…if he fits at all. The Rangers current boast a top-six of Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, with the latter taking care of plenty pugilistic duties (he’s fought 15 times this season between the NHL and AHL.) The Rangers also have Brandon Prust, who has been an active fighter throughout his career.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21