Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EDT
Scott, a 6-foot-8, 258-pound enforcer, has been dealt to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 5th-round pick in 2012. The 29-year-old rearguard appeared in 29 games for the ‘Hawks this season, averaging a shade under seven minutes per contest. For his career, Scott has played in 140 games and notched one goal, four assists and 231 penalty minutes. Just in case you were wondering what his role might be with the Rangers.
It’s unclear where Scott fits on the New York defense…if he fits at all. The Rangers current boast a top-six of Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, with the latter taking care of plenty pugilistic duties (he’s fought 15 times this season between the NHL and AHL.) The Rangers also have Brandon Prust, who has been an active fighter throughout his career.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 6
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22