Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
Scott, a 6-foot-8, 258-pound enforcer, has been dealt to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 5th-round pick in 2012. The 29-year-old rearguard appeared in 29 games for the ‘Hawks this season, averaging a shade under seven minutes per contest. For his career, Scott has played in 140 games and notched one goal, four assists and 231 penalty minutes. Just in case you were wondering what his role might be with the Rangers.
It’s unclear where Scott fits on the New York defense…if he fits at all. The Rangers current boast a top-six of Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, with the latter taking care of plenty pugilistic duties (he’s fought 15 times this season between the NHL and AHL.) The Rangers also have Brandon Prust, who has been an active fighter throughout his career.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5