Feb 27, 2012, 3:24 PM EST
Scott, a 6-foot-8, 258-pound enforcer, has been dealt to the New York Rangers in exchange for a 5th-round pick in 2012. The 29-year-old rearguard appeared in 29 games for the ‘Hawks this season, averaging a shade under seven minutes per contest. For his career, Scott has played in 140 games and notched one goal, four assists and 231 penalty minutes. Just in case you were wondering what his role might be with the Rangers.
It’s unclear where Scott fits on the New York defense…if he fits at all. The Rangers current boast a top-six of Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh, Michael Del Zotto, Marc Staal, Anton Stralman and Stu Bickel, with the latter taking care of plenty pugilistic duties (he’s fought 15 times this season between the NHL and AHL.) The Rangers also have Brandon Prust, who has been an active fighter throughout his career.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9