Feb 27, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
The Blackhawks have acquired defenseman Johnny Oduya from Winnipeg for a second- and third-round pick (2013).
Oduya goes to a Chicago team that hasn’t been shy about its desire to add to its blue line. The 30-year-old pending UFA is a good skater that can move the puck, something the ‘Hawks lost when Brian Campbell was traded to Florida.
You have to wonder how Jets fans feel about this move given their team is right in the race to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Winnipeg didn’t add a roster player in the deal, so it won’t help its chances of qualifying for the postseason.
Granted, if there’s one complaint about Oduya, it’s his propensity for turnovers, so maybe Jets fans won’t be entirely heartbroken.
Plus, Grant Clitsome.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 13
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)