Feb 27, 2012, 12:14 PM EST
More scintillating action from the 2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Montreal has claimed Minnesota forward Brad Staubitz off re-entry waivers and Winnipeg did the same with Columbus defenseman Grant Clitsome.
The latter of those claims could be a prelude to a larger deal. Winnipeg has received offers for UFA defenseman Johnny Oduya and if he’s shipped out, Clitsome is a capable lineup replacement on the Jets blueline. The 26-year-old Clitsome spent his entire career with the Blue Jackets organization, appearing in 93 games over the last three seasons.
Staubitz, 27, had spent the last two seasons with the Wild but was shipped off to AHL Houston after a poor performance on Feb. 9 in a 5-2 loss to Vancouver. He had zero goals, zero assists and (for you mathletes out there) zero points in 43 games with Minnesota this season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)