Feb 27, 2012, 12:14 PM EST
More scintillating action from the 2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Montreal has claimed Minnesota forward Brad Staubitz off re-entry waivers and Winnipeg did the same with Columbus defenseman Grant Clitsome.
The latter of those claims could be a prelude to a larger deal. Winnipeg has received offers for UFA defenseman Johnny Oduya and if he’s shipped out, Clitsome is a capable lineup replacement on the Jets blueline. The 26-year-old Clitsome spent his entire career with the Blue Jackets organization, appearing in 93 games over the last three seasons.
Staubitz, 27, had spent the last two seasons with the Wild but was shipped off to AHL Houston after a poor performance on Feb. 9 in a 5-2 loss to Vancouver. He had zero goals, zero assists and (for you mathletes out there) zero points in 43 games with Minnesota this season.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)