Feb 27, 2012, 12:14 PM EDT
More scintillating action from the 2012 NHL Trade Deadline: Montreal has claimed Minnesota forward Brad Staubitz off re-entry waivers and Winnipeg did the same with Columbus defenseman Grant Clitsome.
The latter of those claims could be a prelude to a larger deal. Winnipeg has received offers for UFA defenseman Johnny Oduya and if he’s shipped out, Clitsome is a capable lineup replacement on the Jets blueline. The 26-year-old Clitsome spent his entire career with the Blue Jackets organization, appearing in 93 games over the last three seasons.
Staubitz, 27, had spent the last two seasons with the Wild but was shipped off to AHL Houston after a poor performance on Feb. 9 in a 5-2 loss to Vancouver. He had zero goals, zero assists and (for you mathletes out there) zero points in 43 games with Minnesota this season.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (101)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)