Feb 27, 2012, 8:42 AM EDT
A lot of attention will be focused on the Columbus Blue Jackets today thanks to Rick Nash, but other players are likely to be moved out of Ohio today. Chief amongst them is a former Stanley Cup winner in Samuel Pahlsson.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun tweets this morning that Pahlsson is getting attention from a pair of contenders this season as the deadline creeps up on us at 3 p.m. ET. LeBrun reports that the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings have interest in Pahlsson as a depth forward with defensive skills. Craig Custance is saying that five or six teams are in on the Finnish forward.
Pahlsson has been in the Western Conference for the majority of his career and won a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007. As a guy that can defend and win face offs, he’s a valuable depth contributor to a team in need. Should the price for Buffalo’s Paul Gaustad be too high, Pahlsson makes a ton of sense to go after.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)