Feb 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson confirms they have not traded their superstar captain. That’s not to say they weren’t wowed by an offer though, as TSN’s Darren Dreger says the New York Rangers made a massive offer to Columbus to try and land Nash.
One rumored offer last week had the Rangers putting up names like Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh along with rookie Tim Erixon as well as a draft pick for Nash. If the Rangers stepped up their offer from that, that’s more than impressive and makes you wonder what exactly Howson had in mind for what he wanted to get Nash.
Hearing the Rangers stepped up so big in the end is also surprising as it was just yesterday they felt they were out of the hunt for Nash given what the Jackets were asking for. Now Columbus will have questions to answer over the summer and they’ll have to reexamine what they’ll be doing with Nash and whether it’ll be a good situation for him to stay in Columbus.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 1
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)