Feb 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson confirms they have not traded their superstar captain. That’s not to say they weren’t wowed by an offer though, as TSN’s Darren Dreger says the New York Rangers made a massive offer to Columbus to try and land Nash.
One rumored offer last week had the Rangers putting up names like Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh along with rookie Tim Erixon as well as a draft pick for Nash. If the Rangers stepped up their offer from that, that’s more than impressive and makes you wonder what exactly Howson had in mind for what he wanted to get Nash.
Hearing the Rangers stepped up so big in the end is also surprising as it was just yesterday they felt they were out of the hunt for Nash given what the Jackets were asking for. Now Columbus will have questions to answer over the summer and they’ll have to reexamine what they’ll be doing with Nash and whether it’ll be a good situation for him to stay in Columbus.
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 3
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18