Feb 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson confirms they have not traded their superstar captain. That’s not to say they weren’t wowed by an offer though, as TSN’s Darren Dreger says the New York Rangers made a massive offer to Columbus to try and land Nash.
One rumored offer last week had the Rangers putting up names like Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh along with rookie Tim Erixon as well as a draft pick for Nash. If the Rangers stepped up their offer from that, that’s more than impressive and makes you wonder what exactly Howson had in mind for what he wanted to get Nash.
Hearing the Rangers stepped up so big in the end is also surprising as it was just yesterday they felt they were out of the hunt for Nash given what the Jackets were asking for. Now Columbus will have questions to answer over the summer and they’ll have to reexamine what they’ll be doing with Nash and whether it’ll be a good situation for him to stay in Columbus.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 66
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (66)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)