Feb 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson confirms they have not traded their superstar captain. That’s not to say they weren’t wowed by an offer though, as TSN’s Darren Dreger says the New York Rangers made a massive offer to Columbus to try and land Nash.
One rumored offer last week had the Rangers putting up names like Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh along with rookie Tim Erixon as well as a draft pick for Nash. If the Rangers stepped up their offer from that, that’s more than impressive and makes you wonder what exactly Howson had in mind for what he wanted to get Nash.
Hearing the Rangers stepped up so big in the end is also surprising as it was just yesterday they felt they were out of the hunt for Nash given what the Jackets were asking for. Now Columbus will have questions to answer over the summer and they’ll have to reexamine what they’ll be doing with Nash and whether it’ll be a good situation for him to stay in Columbus.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)