Feb 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson confirms they have not traded their superstar captain. That’s not to say they weren’t wowed by an offer though, as TSN’s Darren Dreger says the New York Rangers made a massive offer to Columbus to try and land Nash.
One rumored offer last week had the Rangers putting up names like Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh along with rookie Tim Erixon as well as a draft pick for Nash. If the Rangers stepped up their offer from that, that’s more than impressive and makes you wonder what exactly Howson had in mind for what he wanted to get Nash.
Hearing the Rangers stepped up so big in the end is also surprising as it was just yesterday they felt they were out of the hunt for Nash given what the Jackets were asking for. Now Columbus will have questions to answer over the summer and they’ll have to reexamine what they’ll be doing with Nash and whether it’ll be a good situation for him to stay in Columbus.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39