Feb 27, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
Allen, 31, is a pending UFA on a team with practically no shot at the playoffs, so clearly GM Jim Rutherford believes there’s a good chance he’ll be able to re-sign the big 31-year-old.
Given the many teams in search of a depth blueliner for the playoffs, the news that Allen is off the market will only serve to bid up the price on players of his ilk. At this rate, the Jets might demand a top-six forward, a blue-chip prospect, a first-round pick, and a Maserati for Johnny Oduya.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50