Feb 27, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
Allen, 31, is a pending UFA on a team with practically no shot at the playoffs, so clearly GM Jim Rutherford believes there’s a good chance he’ll be able to re-sign the big 31-year-old.
Given the many teams in search of a depth blueliner for the playoffs, the news that Allen is off the market will only serve to bid up the price on players of his ilk. At this rate, the Jets might demand a top-six forward, a blue-chip prospect, a first-round pick, and a Maserati for Johnny Oduya.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20