Feb 27, 2012, 1:39 PM EST
Allen, 31, is a pending UFA on a team with practically no shot at the playoffs, so clearly GM Jim Rutherford believes there’s a good chance he’ll be able to re-sign the big 31-year-old.
Given the many teams in search of a depth blueliner for the playoffs, the news that Allen is off the market will only serve to bid up the price on players of his ilk. At this rate, the Jets might demand a top-six forward, a blue-chip prospect, a first-round pick, and a Maserati for Johnny Oduya.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2