Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Ever since being made a healthy scratch on Feb. 2, Colorado’s David Jones has scored six times in nine games. However, the Avs are still looking to move the 27-year-old right winger, reports Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
Shannon says Colorado’s acquisition of Steve Downie has made Jones, a pending UFA that racked up 27 goals in 2010-11, expendable.
San Jose and Detroit are reportedly interested.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22