Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
Ever since being made a healthy scratch on Feb. 2, Colorado’s David Jones has scored six times in nine games. However, the Avs are still looking to move the 27-year-old right winger, reports Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
Shannon says Colorado’s acquisition of Steve Downie has made Jones, a pending UFA that racked up 27 goals in 2010-11, expendable.
San Jose and Detroit are reportedly interested.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5