Feb 27, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
Ever since being made a healthy scratch on Feb. 2, Colorado’s David Jones has scored six times in nine games. However, the Avs are still looking to move the 27-year-old right winger, reports Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
Shannon says Colorado’s acquisition of Steve Downie has made Jones, a pending UFA that racked up 27 goals in 2010-11, expendable.
San Jose and Detroit are reportedly interested.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 6
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 14
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)