Feb 27, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports that the Minnesota Wild are getting calls on free agent-to-be Josh Harding. The Wild are in a bit of a conundrum, however, as they still need to decide whether they’re going to re-sign him or make a move to deal him away.
Minnesota has an interesting situation in goal as they’ve got high-priced starter Niklas Backstrom slotted away there as well as youngster Matt Hackett in the AHL who could be primed and ready to be a backup at the NHL level right now. It’s a tough but decent spot for GM Chuck Fletcher to be in as Harding could fetch a solid return amongst teams that are in search of goaltending help.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7