Feb 27, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports that the Minnesota Wild are getting calls on free agent-to-be Josh Harding. The Wild are in a bit of a conundrum, however, as they still need to decide whether they’re going to re-sign him or make a move to deal him away.
Minnesota has an interesting situation in goal as they’ve got high-priced starter Niklas Backstrom slotted away there as well as youngster Matt Hackett in the AHL who could be primed and ready to be a backup at the NHL level right now. It’s a tough but decent spot for GM Chuck Fletcher to be in as Harding could fetch a solid return amongst teams that are in search of goaltending help.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5