Feb 27, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
ESPN’s Craig Custance reports that the Minnesota Wild are getting calls on free agent-to-be Josh Harding. The Wild are in a bit of a conundrum, however, as they still need to decide whether they’re going to re-sign him or make a move to deal him away.
Minnesota has an interesting situation in goal as they’ve got high-priced starter Niklas Backstrom slotted away there as well as youngster Matt Hackett in the AHL who could be primed and ready to be a backup at the NHL level right now. It’s a tough but decent spot for GM Chuck Fletcher to be in as Harding could fetch a solid return amongst teams that are in search of goaltending help.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21