Feb 27, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
As it turns out, signing Tim Jackman to a two-year contract is all he’s got to show for it. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that the deal comes with a cap hit of $612,500 per season for a grand total of $1.225 million. Jackman isn’t a guy that’s going to score a ton of goals, but he brings a physical game to the Flames lineup and his heart and soul sort of play has won him favor in Calgary.
This season, Jackman has just one goal and six assists but scored 10 goals with 23 points last season. With 77 penalty minutes this season, he’s not afraid to occasionally throw fists as well. All in all, however, he’s just a tough fourth line guy.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54