Feb 27, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
As it turns out, signing Tim Jackman to a two-year contract is all he’s got to show for it. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that the deal comes with a cap hit of $612,500 per season for a grand total of $1.225 million. Jackman isn’t a guy that’s going to score a ton of goals, but he brings a physical game to the Flames lineup and his heart and soul sort of play has won him favor in Calgary.
This season, Jackman has just one goal and six assists but scored 10 goals with 23 points last season. With 77 penalty minutes this season, he’s not afraid to occasionally throw fists as well. All in all, however, he’s just a tough fourth line guy.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5