Feb 27, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
As it turns out, signing Tim Jackman to a two-year contract is all he’s got to show for it. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that the deal comes with a cap hit of $612,500 per season for a grand total of $1.225 million. Jackman isn’t a guy that’s going to score a ton of goals, but he brings a physical game to the Flames lineup and his heart and soul sort of play has won him favor in Calgary.
This season, Jackman has just one goal and six assists but scored 10 goals with 23 points last season. With 77 penalty minutes this season, he’s not afraid to occasionally throw fists as well. All in all, however, he’s just a tough fourth line guy.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20