Feb 27, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
As it turns out, signing Tim Jackman to a two-year contract is all he’s got to show for it. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that the deal comes with a cap hit of $612,500 per season for a grand total of $1.225 million. Jackman isn’t a guy that’s going to score a ton of goals, but he brings a physical game to the Flames lineup and his heart and soul sort of play has won him favor in Calgary.
This season, Jackman has just one goal and six assists but scored 10 goals with 23 points last season. With 77 penalty minutes this season, he’s not afraid to occasionally throw fists as well. All in all, however, he’s just a tough fourth line guy.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62