Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter the Flyers are “fielding calls” about James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old forward was picked by many to be a breakout player after a strong postseason, but injuries – including a long absence with a concussion – have hampered his progress.
With all the talent Philadelphia’s got up front, perhaps GM Paul Holmgren believes JVR could be parlayed into help in other areas.
There’s been tons of speculation linking Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn to JVR, and a change of scenery might be good for both those players.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54