Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter the Flyers are “fielding calls” about James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old forward was picked by many to be a breakout player after a strong postseason, but injuries – including a long absence with a concussion – have hampered his progress.
With all the talent Philadelphia’s got up front, perhaps GM Paul Holmgren believes JVR could be parlayed into help in other areas.
There’s been tons of speculation linking Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn to JVR, and a change of scenery might be good for both those players.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)