Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM EST
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter the Flyers are “fielding calls” about James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old forward was picked by many to be a breakout player after a strong postseason, but injuries – including a long absence with a concussion – have hampered his progress.
With all the talent Philadelphia’s got up front, perhaps GM Paul Holmgren believes JVR could be parlayed into help in other areas.
There’s been tons of speculation linking Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn to JVR, and a change of scenery might be good for both those players.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35