Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter the Flyers are “fielding calls” about James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old forward was picked by many to be a breakout player after a strong postseason, but injuries – including a long absence with a concussion – have hampered his progress.
With all the talent Philadelphia’s got up front, perhaps GM Paul Holmgren believes JVR could be parlayed into help in other areas.
There’s been tons of speculation linking Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn to JVR, and a change of scenery might be good for both those players.
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 4
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 18
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)