Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports via Twitter the Flyers are “fielding calls” about James van Riemsdyk. The 22-year-old forward was picked by many to be a breakout player after a strong postseason, but injuries – including a long absence with a concussion – have hampered his progress.
With all the talent Philadelphia’s got up front, perhaps GM Paul Holmgren believes JVR could be parlayed into help in other areas.
There’s been tons of speculation linking Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn to JVR, and a change of scenery might be good for both those players.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1