Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
As if blowing a third period lead to the Minnesota Wild and losing 4-3 and seeing coach Todd McLellan get hit in the head by a stick wasn’t bad enough for the slumping San Jose Sharks, they couldn’t even get out of town to get away from it after it was all said and done.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports the Sharks were grounded from taking off after last night’s game thanks to mechanical problems with the team’s plane. The Sharks were able to fly out of Minnesota this morning, but after being on the road since February 11, having to stay away from home one extra night was the salt in the wound on a road trip that saw San Jose finish with a 2-6-1 record.
An extra night in Minnesota isn’t all that bad, right? Jucy Lucy’s for everyone!
While the Sharks might shake things up today for the trade deadline, they’ll have to deal with a well-rested Flyers team tomorrow night at HP Pavilion.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5