Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
As if blowing a third period lead to the Minnesota Wild and losing 4-3 and seeing coach Todd McLellan get hit in the head by a stick wasn’t bad enough for the slumping San Jose Sharks, they couldn’t even get out of town to get away from it after it was all said and done.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports the Sharks were grounded from taking off after last night’s game thanks to mechanical problems with the team’s plane. The Sharks were able to fly out of Minnesota this morning, but after being on the road since February 11, having to stay away from home one extra night was the salt in the wound on a road trip that saw San Jose finish with a 2-6-1 record.
An extra night in Minnesota isn’t all that bad, right? Jucy Lucy’s for everyone!
While the Sharks might shake things up today for the trade deadline, they’ll have to deal with a well-rested Flyers team tomorrow night at HP Pavilion.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)