Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
As if blowing a third period lead to the Minnesota Wild and losing 4-3 and seeing coach Todd McLellan get hit in the head by a stick wasn’t bad enough for the slumping San Jose Sharks, they couldn’t even get out of town to get away from it after it was all said and done.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports the Sharks were grounded from taking off after last night’s game thanks to mechanical problems with the team’s plane. The Sharks were able to fly out of Minnesota this morning, but after being on the road since February 11, having to stay away from home one extra night was the salt in the wound on a road trip that saw San Jose finish with a 2-6-1 record.
An extra night in Minnesota isn’t all that bad, right? Jucy Lucy’s for everyone!
While the Sharks might shake things up today for the trade deadline, they’ll have to deal with a well-rested Flyers team tomorrow night at HP Pavilion.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12