Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
As if blowing a third period lead to the Minnesota Wild and losing 4-3 and seeing coach Todd McLellan get hit in the head by a stick wasn’t bad enough for the slumping San Jose Sharks, they couldn’t even get out of town to get away from it after it was all said and done.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports the Sharks were grounded from taking off after last night’s game thanks to mechanical problems with the team’s plane. The Sharks were able to fly out of Minnesota this morning, but after being on the road since February 11, having to stay away from home one extra night was the salt in the wound on a road trip that saw San Jose finish with a 2-6-1 record.
An extra night in Minnesota isn’t all that bad, right? Jucy Lucy’s for everyone!
While the Sharks might shake things up today for the trade deadline, they’ll have to deal with a well-rested Flyers team tomorrow night at HP Pavilion.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 24
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 54
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)