Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
As if blowing a third period lead to the Minnesota Wild and losing 4-3 and seeing coach Todd McLellan get hit in the head by a stick wasn’t bad enough for the slumping San Jose Sharks, they couldn’t even get out of town to get away from it after it was all said and done.
CSNBayArea.com’s Kevin Kurz reports the Sharks were grounded from taking off after last night’s game thanks to mechanical problems with the team’s plane. The Sharks were able to fly out of Minnesota this morning, but after being on the road since February 11, having to stay away from home one extra night was the salt in the wound on a road trip that saw San Jose finish with a 2-6-1 record.
An extra night in Minnesota isn’t all that bad, right? Jucy Lucy’s for everyone!
While the Sharks might shake things up today for the trade deadline, they’ll have to deal with a well-rested Flyers team tomorrow night at HP Pavilion.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22