Feb 26, 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
It’s not always stern serious business on the Vancouver Canucks bench.
While the Canucks lost an overtime heart breaker to the Dallas Stars, Alain Vigneault got busted on camera in a laughing fit that will even make the most sour puss person amongst us giggle along with him.
According to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, the reason for Vigneault (and Kevin Bieksa) to bust a gut laughing was thanks to Stars forward Vernon Fiddler. Murphy says that Fiddler does a killer impression of Bieksa’s “angry face” that he first broke out as a member of the Predators and busted out once again today much to the delight of the Canucks bench.
Fiddler got the last laugh, however, seeing the Stars score late in the third to tie the game and then go on to win in overtime to take down the Canucks and stay in the playoff hunt in the Western Conference.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)