Feb 26, 2012, 6:43 PM EDT
It’s not always stern serious business on the Vancouver Canucks bench.
While the Canucks lost an overtime heart breaker to the Dallas Stars, Alain Vigneault got busted on camera in a laughing fit that will even make the most sour puss person amongst us giggle along with him.
According to Sportsnet’s Dan Murphy, the reason for Vigneault (and Kevin Bieksa) to bust a gut laughing was thanks to Stars forward Vernon Fiddler. Murphy says that Fiddler does a killer impression of Bieksa’s “angry face” that he first broke out as a member of the Predators and busted out once again today much to the delight of the Canucks bench.
Fiddler got the last laugh, however, seeing the Stars score late in the third to tie the game and then go on to win in overtime to take down the Canucks and stay in the playoff hunt in the Western Conference.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)