Feb 26, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
We like to stay on top of things here but something that apparently slipped past us was a rumor that the Montreal Canadiens were going to fire GM Pierre Gauthier. Canadiens owner Geoff Molson would like everyone to know that no matter how much they’re hoping and praying that might happen right now, it’s not going to happen.
Molson took to Twitter to tell everyone that regardless of what they’re hearing, he’s saying that Gauthier will not be relieved of duty.
Canadiens fans are furious with how poorly the team is playing, furious about how Randy Cunneyworth hasn’t been the answer to Jacques Martin as the head coach, furious about Scott Gomez not being a scoring machine, and just angry about everything in general.
With no solutions to those problems, the fans have been calling for Gauthier’s ouster. If that’s going to happen, it might have to wait for the summer.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 1
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)