Feb 26, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
We like to stay on top of things here but something that apparently slipped past us was a rumor that the Montreal Canadiens were going to fire GM Pierre Gauthier. Canadiens owner Geoff Molson would like everyone to know that no matter how much they’re hoping and praying that might happen right now, it’s not going to happen.
Molson took to Twitter to tell everyone that regardless of what they’re hearing, he’s saying that Gauthier will not be relieved of duty.
Canadiens fans are furious with how poorly the team is playing, furious about how Randy Cunneyworth hasn’t been the answer to Jacques Martin as the head coach, furious about Scott Gomez not being a scoring machine, and just angry about everything in general.
With no solutions to those problems, the fans have been calling for Gauthier’s ouster. If that’s going to happen, it might have to wait for the summer.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5