Feb 26, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
We like to stay on top of things here but something that apparently slipped past us was a rumor that the Montreal Canadiens were going to fire GM Pierre Gauthier. Canadiens owner Geoff Molson would like everyone to know that no matter how much they’re hoping and praying that might happen right now, it’s not going to happen.
Molson took to Twitter to tell everyone that regardless of what they’re hearing, he’s saying that Gauthier will not be relieved of duty.
Canadiens fans are furious with how poorly the team is playing, furious about how Randy Cunneyworth hasn’t been the answer to Jacques Martin as the head coach, furious about Scott Gomez not being a scoring machine, and just angry about everything in general.
With no solutions to those problems, the fans have been calling for Gauthier’s ouster. If that’s going to happen, it might have to wait for the summer.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 14
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 48
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)