Feb 26, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Although negotiations are still ongoing, the New York Islanders aren’t likely to re-sign Evgeni Nabokov before the trade deadline at 3pm on Monday. That puts Islanders GM Garth Snow in a difficult position: he can either put his faith in the negotiations or trade Nabokov rather than risk losing him for nothing.
Any team that’s still in contention and has less than absolute faith in their goaltenders should be at least interested in Nabokov. He has been superb this season and comes with an appealing $570,000 annual cap hit.
For Nabokov, who has a no-trade clause, the fact that the trade deadline is rapidly approaching might be less of a problem. Although he hasn’t agreed to terms with the Islanders, he apparently has no problem finishing the season with the club and will not ask for a trade.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)