Feb 26, 2012, 8:24 PM EDT
About a week ago, it was reported that the Columbus Blue Jackets wanted four big pieces for Rick Nash: two prospects, an impact player, and a first round draft pick. So it’s not surprising that Nash is still a member of the Blue Jackets as we approach the final day of the trade season. However, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the Blue Jackets actually increased their demands on Sunday, which is one of the reasons the New York Rangers pulled out of the sweepstakes.
The Blue Jackets’ latest move is bad news for the teams that might still be interested in him, like San Jose, Philadelphia, and Nashville. It sounds like Columbus is playing a high stakes game where they’re betting that a desperate team will ultimately give them what they want on Monday. We’ll find out soon enough if the Blue Jackets’ tactics work or if Nash will end up staying in Columbus despite his agent’s desires to the contrary.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22