Feb 26, 2012, 8:24 PM EST
About a week ago, it was reported that the Columbus Blue Jackets wanted four big pieces for Rick Nash: two prospects, an impact player, and a first round draft pick. So it’s not surprising that Nash is still a member of the Blue Jackets as we approach the final day of the trade season. However, according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the Blue Jackets actually increased their demands on Sunday, which is one of the reasons the New York Rangers pulled out of the sweepstakes.
The Blue Jackets’ latest move is bad news for the teams that might still be interested in him, like San Jose, Philadelphia, and Nashville. It sounds like Columbus is playing a high stakes game where they’re betting that a desperate team will ultimately give them what they want on Monday. We’ll find out soon enough if the Blue Jackets’ tactics work or if Nash will end up staying in Columbus despite his agent’s desires to the contrary.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11