Feb 25, 2012, 9:55 AM EST
Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the Oilers lineup today against the Coyotes and he’ll be back in his quest to try and win the Calder Trophy. Nugent-Hopkins tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal how he’s feeling.
“I feel really good,” he said on Friday, “and I haven’t tweaked it in a long time. It’s not getting sore after I shoot or anything like that.
“It might take a couple of shifts to get my legs going, but I don’t want to have that happen. I do want to get into the game right away.”
Incredibly enough, despite his absence at times this year, he’s still near the top of the rookie scoring leaderboard. Nugent-Hopkins’ 35 points puts him third in the NHL just six points behind rookie scoring leader Adam Henrique and one point back of Gabriel Landeskog.
With how the Oilers have been scoring goals lately, betting against the ‘Nuge being able to catch Henrique would be unwise.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15