Feb 25, 2012, 9:55 AM EST
Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the Oilers lineup today against the Coyotes and he’ll be back in his quest to try and win the Calder Trophy. Nugent-Hopkins tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal how he’s feeling.
“I feel really good,” he said on Friday, “and I haven’t tweaked it in a long time. It’s not getting sore after I shoot or anything like that.
“It might take a couple of shifts to get my legs going, but I don’t want to have that happen. I do want to get into the game right away.”
Incredibly enough, despite his absence at times this year, he’s still near the top of the rookie scoring leaderboard. Nugent-Hopkins’ 35 points puts him third in the NHL just six points behind rookie scoring leader Adam Henrique and one point back of Gabriel Landeskog.
With how the Oilers have been scoring goals lately, betting against the ‘Nuge being able to catch Henrique would be unwise.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)