Feb 25, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the Oilers lineup today against the Coyotes and he’ll be back in his quest to try and win the Calder Trophy. Nugent-Hopkins tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal how he’s feeling.
“I feel really good,” he said on Friday, “and I haven’t tweaked it in a long time. It’s not getting sore after I shoot or anything like that.
“It might take a couple of shifts to get my legs going, but I don’t want to have that happen. I do want to get into the game right away.”
Incredibly enough, despite his absence at times this year, he’s still near the top of the rookie scoring leaderboard. Nugent-Hopkins’ 35 points puts him third in the NHL just six points behind rookie scoring leader Adam Henrique and one point back of Gabriel Landeskog.
With how the Oilers have been scoring goals lately, betting against the ‘Nuge being able to catch Henrique would be unwise.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off