Feb 25, 2012, 9:55 AM EDT
Nugent-Hopkins will be back in the Oilers lineup today against the Coyotes and he’ll be back in his quest to try and win the Calder Trophy. Nugent-Hopkins tells Joanne Ireland of the Edmonton Journal how he’s feeling.
“I feel really good,” he said on Friday, “and I haven’t tweaked it in a long time. It’s not getting sore after I shoot or anything like that.
“It might take a couple of shifts to get my legs going, but I don’t want to have that happen. I do want to get into the game right away.”
Incredibly enough, despite his absence at times this year, he’s still near the top of the rookie scoring leaderboard. Nugent-Hopkins’ 35 points puts him third in the NHL just six points behind rookie scoring leader Adam Henrique and one point back of Gabriel Landeskog.
With how the Oilers have been scoring goals lately, betting against the ‘Nuge being able to catch Henrique would be unwise.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)