Feb 25, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
The New York Rangers didn’t seem to have a place for Wojtek Wolski in their lineup. He was frequently a healthy scratch before they finally traded him to the Florida Panthers Saturday afternoon. Mere hours later, Wolski was playing in his first game in over a month. Then he did this:
That goal sent the game into overtime and lead to the Panthers’ 3-2 shootout victory over the Carolina Hurricanes.
Although Wolski’s time with the Rangers was a disappointment, he’s not even two full seasons removed from his 2009-10 65-point campaign. If the Panthers are willing to give him regular playing time on one of their top two lines, he could finish the season on a strong note.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22