Feb 25, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
With the trade deadline on the way on Monday, today was the day for teams to place guys on waivers. TSN’s Bob McKenzie has the full run down of today’s action.
The busiest team was Columbus as they placed forward Ryan Russell and defenseman Grant Clitsome on waivers while claiming former Maple Leafs forward Darryl Boyce. Boyce slots in as a checking forward and should get time on Columbus’ fourth line. Clitsome is the intriguing guy here as he’s got another year left on his deal at just over $1 million, but he’s a guy that could be useful to a team in need of blue line help.
The Islanders and Devils shuffled around veteran forwards as the Isles waived Brian Rolston and the Devils put Eric Boulton out there to be potentially taken off their hands. Rolston is in the final year of his contract that’s paying him over $5 million against the salary cap. The Isles are stuck with his cap hit unless another team grabs him thanks to his deal being a 35-and-over contract.
Calgary also got in the action putting Krys Kolanos on waivers while Minnesota put Brad Staubitz on re-entry waivers. Any team claiming Staubitz gets him at half-price. Don’t expect much action there.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 7
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)