Feb 25, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
With the trade deadline on the way on Monday, today was the day for teams to place guys on waivers. TSN’s Bob McKenzie has the full run down of today’s action.
The busiest team was Columbus as they placed forward Ryan Russell and defenseman Grant Clitsome on waivers while claiming former Maple Leafs forward Darryl Boyce. Boyce slots in as a checking forward and should get time on Columbus’ fourth line. Clitsome is the intriguing guy here as he’s got another year left on his deal at just over $1 million, but he’s a guy that could be useful to a team in need of blue line help.
The Islanders and Devils shuffled around veteran forwards as the Isles waived Brian Rolston and the Devils put Eric Boulton out there to be potentially taken off their hands. Rolston is in the final year of his contract that’s paying him over $5 million against the salary cap. The Isles are stuck with his cap hit unless another team grabs him thanks to his deal being a 35-and-over contract.
Calgary also got in the action putting Krys Kolanos on waivers while Minnesota put Brad Staubitz on re-entry waivers. Any team claiming Staubitz gets him at half-price. Don’t expect much action there.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)