Feb 25, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Dustin Brown’s name has come up in trade rumors since the Los Angeles Kings acquired Jeff Carter on Thursday. However, in a game that was marked as the reunion of Carter and Mike Richards, it was Brown that stole the show.
Richards and Carter were both pointless while Brown got a hat trick and registered an assist in a 4-0 victory over Chicago. You can see footage of Brown’s work below.
Depending on your frame of mind, this outburst will either help the Kings get what they want should they shop Brown or its evidence that he needs to stay in Los Angeles. Either way, if this ends up being Brown’s last game in a Kings’ uniform, then he will be leaving on a high note.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 1
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)