Feb 25, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Dustin Brown’s name has come up in trade rumors since the Los Angeles Kings acquired Jeff Carter on Thursday. However, in a game that was marked as the reunion of Carter and Mike Richards, it was Brown that stole the show.
Richards and Carter were both pointless while Brown got a hat trick and registered an assist in a 4-0 victory over Chicago. You can see footage of Brown’s work below.
Depending on your frame of mind, this outburst will either help the Kings get what they want should they shop Brown or its evidence that he needs to stay in Los Angeles. Either way, if this ends up being Brown’s last game in a Kings’ uniform, then he will be leaving on a high note.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 0
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)