Feb 25, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Dustin Brown’s name has come up in trade rumors since the Los Angeles Kings acquired Jeff Carter on Thursday. However, in a game that was marked as the reunion of Carter and Mike Richards, it was Brown that stole the show.
Richards and Carter were both pointless while Brown got a hat trick and registered an assist in a 4-0 victory over Chicago. You can see footage of Brown’s work below.
Depending on your frame of mind, this outburst will either help the Kings get what they want should they shop Brown or its evidence that he needs to stay in Los Angeles. Either way, if this ends up being Brown’s last game in a Kings’ uniform, then he will be leaving on a high note.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 19
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6