Feb 25, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT
Dustin Brown’s name has come up in trade rumors since the Los Angeles Kings acquired Jeff Carter on Thursday. However, in a game that was marked as the reunion of Carter and Mike Richards, it was Brown that stole the show.
Richards and Carter were both pointless while Brown got a hat trick and registered an assist in a 4-0 victory over Chicago. You can see footage of Brown’s work below.
Depending on your frame of mind, this outburst will either help the Kings get what they want should they shop Brown or its evidence that he needs to stay in Los Angeles. Either way, if this ends up being Brown’s last game in a Kings’ uniform, then he will be leaving on a high note.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5