Feb 25, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
TSN’s Bob McKenzie tweets that Nash’s agent, Joe Resnick, would like to see things pick up and see his client dealt before the trade deadline on Monday afternoon.
Resnick is basically saying that if the Blue Jackets and GM Scott Howson think things will change if they wait until the summer to figure things out nothing will change with Nash or his desires to be sent out of Columbus.
In essence, get things done sooner rather than later or else things will get awfully uncomfortable for the rest of the season.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)