Feb 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Of all the teams on the hunt for players at the trade deadline, the Detroit Red Wings might not be near the top of the list of those that figure to be active. That doesn’t mean Wings coach Mike Babcock is hoping things stay quiet.
Mlive.com’s Ansar Khan hears from Babcock about what he thinks his Red Wings could use come deadline time.
“Change just to change isn’t going to be the approach. We’ve already done a good job in giving ourselves depth on the back end (by acquiring defenseman Kyle Quincey on Tuesday). We want to get healthy up front, but if there’s something available to make us better, we’d like to acquire that.”
So Babcock wants to see GM Ken Holland maybe grab another forward and give them some more depth. Does that mean Detroit is jumping into the pool going after Dustin Brown or Rick Nash? Probably not. When you think of what the Wings have done at the deadline in the past, think about their moves being tweaks rather than earth-shattering changes.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)