Feb 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Of all the teams on the hunt for players at the trade deadline, the Detroit Red Wings might not be near the top of the list of those that figure to be active. That doesn’t mean Wings coach Mike Babcock is hoping things stay quiet.
Mlive.com’s Ansar Khan hears from Babcock about what he thinks his Red Wings could use come deadline time.
“Change just to change isn’t going to be the approach. We’ve already done a good job in giving ourselves depth on the back end (by acquiring defenseman Kyle Quincey on Tuesday). We want to get healthy up front, but if there’s something available to make us better, we’d like to acquire that.”
So Babcock wants to see GM Ken Holland maybe grab another forward and give them some more depth. Does that mean Detroit is jumping into the pool going after Dustin Brown or Rick Nash? Probably not. When you think of what the Wings have done at the deadline in the past, think about their moves being tweaks rather than earth-shattering changes.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)