Feb 25, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
Of all the teams on the hunt for players at the trade deadline, the Detroit Red Wings might not be near the top of the list of those that figure to be active. That doesn’t mean Wings coach Mike Babcock is hoping things stay quiet.
Mlive.com’s Ansar Khan hears from Babcock about what he thinks his Red Wings could use come deadline time.
“Change just to change isn’t going to be the approach. We’ve already done a good job in giving ourselves depth on the back end (by acquiring defenseman Kyle Quincey on Tuesday). We want to get healthy up front, but if there’s something available to make us better, we’d like to acquire that.”
So Babcock wants to see GM Ken Holland maybe grab another forward and give them some more depth. Does that mean Detroit is jumping into the pool going after Dustin Brown or Rick Nash? Probably not. When you think of what the Wings have done at the deadline in the past, think about their moves being tweaks rather than earth-shattering changes.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11