Feb 25, 2012, 2:26 PM EST
Seeing the Canucks snap the Red Wings’ home winning streak the other night in the shootout left Wings fans disappointed. For Jimmy Howard, seeing the way Alex Burrows celebrated his shootout-winning-goal left him feeling a bit burned up.
As Art Regner of Fox Sports Detroit shares, Howard had a few things to say about Burrows’ celebration that will leave fans in Boston and Chicago nodding in agreement.
“I don’t even pay attention,” Howard said of the Canucks. “They’ve got a bunch of idiots over there. There are only several good guys on that team, and they know who they are.”
Idiots in Vancouver that aren’t the ones that tried to burn the city down? Surely ye jest. Based on past instances you can probably fill out the roster of players you believe qualifies for that label. Be it Burrows, Maxim Lapierre, or even Kevin Bieksa the Canucks have a pretty “fun” reputation.
Of course, Howard could still be burned up about getting schooled via backhand and losing Detroit’s first home game since early November. Let’s hope we get to see these two supposedly non-tough teams get to go at it in the playoffs to really amp up the crazy.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)