Feb 25, 2012, 2:26 PM EST
Seeing the Canucks snap the Red Wings’ home winning streak the other night in the shootout left Wings fans disappointed. For Jimmy Howard, seeing the way Alex Burrows celebrated his shootout-winning-goal left him feeling a bit burned up.
As Art Regner of Fox Sports Detroit shares, Howard had a few things to say about Burrows’ celebration that will leave fans in Boston and Chicago nodding in agreement.
“I don’t even pay attention,” Howard said of the Canucks. “They’ve got a bunch of idiots over there. There are only several good guys on that team, and they know who they are.”
Idiots in Vancouver that aren’t the ones that tried to burn the city down? Surely ye jest. Based on past instances you can probably fill out the roster of players you believe qualifies for that label. Be it Burrows, Maxim Lapierre, or even Kevin Bieksa the Canucks have a pretty “fun” reputation.
Of course, Howard could still be burned up about getting schooled via backhand and losing Detroit’s first home game since early November. Let’s hope we get to see these two supposedly non-tough teams get to go at it in the playoffs to really amp up the crazy.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 19
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 17
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)