Feb 25, 2012, 2:26 PM EDT
Seeing the Canucks snap the Red Wings’ home winning streak the other night in the shootout left Wings fans disappointed. For Jimmy Howard, seeing the way Alex Burrows celebrated his shootout-winning-goal left him feeling a bit burned up.
As Art Regner of Fox Sports Detroit shares, Howard had a few things to say about Burrows’ celebration that will leave fans in Boston and Chicago nodding in agreement.
“I don’t even pay attention,” Howard said of the Canucks. “They’ve got a bunch of idiots over there. There are only several good guys on that team, and they know who they are.”
Idiots in Vancouver that aren’t the ones that tried to burn the city down? Surely ye jest. Based on past instances you can probably fill out the roster of players you believe qualifies for that label. Be it Burrows, Maxim Lapierre, or even Kevin Bieksa the Canucks have a pretty “fun” reputation.
Of course, Howard could still be burned up about getting schooled via backhand and losing Detroit’s first home game since early November. Let’s hope we get to see these two supposedly non-tough teams get to go at it in the playoffs to really amp up the crazy.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)