Feb 25, 2012, 10:51 AM EDT
Remember when Flames GM Jay Feaster went off after an embarrassing effort against Edmonton the other night? Feaster said he’d clean house if things didn’t get right and with the trade deadline coming up on Monday, that’s a pretty effective threat.
Turns out it was just Feaster getting a bit hot under the collar according to Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun. After saying he kind of lost his mind the other night, Feaster was a lot more reasonable with his feelings regarding the oncoming deadline.
“It’s not as though we’re walking into that group and saying, ‘It’s do-or-die tonight. Lose tonight and you’re all gone on Monday’ but we all want to see what the response is,” Feaster said. “It isn’t just on the basis of what happened (Thursday) night. It isn’t just on the basis of that (Edmonton) game. And it probably won’t be on the basis of what happens Saturday.”
It’s good to see that Feaster wasn’t totally off his rocker, but with the Flames having a big game against the Flyers tonight, it may as well be put-up-or-shut-up time for Calgary. The Flames are just two points back of Dallas for eighth in the Western Conference and, as you might’ve heard, every point counts.
A stink bomb of a game against Philadelphia just might be the sort of thing that makes Feaster follow through with being a seller at the deadline rather than a buyer.
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 0
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 41
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)