Feb 25, 2012, 10:51 AM EST
Remember when Flames GM Jay Feaster went off after an embarrassing effort against Edmonton the other night? Feaster said he’d clean house if things didn’t get right and with the trade deadline coming up on Monday, that’s a pretty effective threat.
Turns out it was just Feaster getting a bit hot under the collar according to Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun. After saying he kind of lost his mind the other night, Feaster was a lot more reasonable with his feelings regarding the oncoming deadline.
“It’s not as though we’re walking into that group and saying, ‘It’s do-or-die tonight. Lose tonight and you’re all gone on Monday’ but we all want to see what the response is,” Feaster said. “It isn’t just on the basis of what happened (Thursday) night. It isn’t just on the basis of that (Edmonton) game. And it probably won’t be on the basis of what happens Saturday.”
It’s good to see that Feaster wasn’t totally off his rocker, but with the Flames having a big game against the Flyers tonight, it may as well be put-up-or-shut-up time for Calgary. The Flames are just two points back of Dallas for eighth in the Western Conference and, as you might’ve heard, every point counts.
A stink bomb of a game against Philadelphia just might be the sort of thing that makes Feaster follow through with being a seller at the deadline rather than a buyer.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)