Feb 25, 2012, 11:52 AM EDT
The big man with a big shot on the blue line for Florida is back.
Garrison’s absence along with injuries to Ed Jovanovski and Dmitry Kulikov helped turn the Florida blue line into a M.A.S.H. unit. Garrison’s play this season has been a big surprise as his slap shot has turned into a major offensive weapon. With Garrison back, the Florida power play can get back to bombing away from point.
With the Winnipeg Jets and Washington Capitals all still swirling around in the hunt for the Southeast Division crown, getting Garrison back gives the Panthers the help they need to try and regain the division lead.
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 10
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 3
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 19
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)