Feb 25, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Just how many points will Erik Karlsson get? It already goes without saying that Karlsson will lead all blueliners offensively, but after scoring six goals and 15 points in his last six games, Karlsson is also challenging for a spot in the NHL’s top 10 overall in points. He also has 49 assists, which puts him just four shy of Henrik Sedin for the league lead in that category.
How rare is that? Well, a quick glance at the record books suggests that no blueliner has led the league in assists since Bobby Orr, who did it most recently in 1974-75. So the fact that Karlsson is even in the running this late into the season is worthy of mention.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 22
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1