Feb 25, 2012, 10:05 PM EST
Just how many points will Erik Karlsson get? It already goes without saying that Karlsson will lead all blueliners offensively, but after scoring six goals and 15 points in his last six games, Karlsson is also challenging for a spot in the NHL’s top 10 overall in points. He also has 49 assists, which puts him just four shy of Henrik Sedin for the league lead in that category.
How rare is that? Well, a quick glance at the record books suggests that no blueliner has led the league in assists since Bobby Orr, who did it most recently in 1974-75. So the fact that Karlsson is even in the running this late into the season is worthy of mention.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11