Feb 25, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Just how many points will Erik Karlsson get? It already goes without saying that Karlsson will lead all blueliners offensively, but after scoring six goals and 15 points in his last six games, Karlsson is also challenging for a spot in the NHL’s top 10 overall in points. He also has 49 assists, which puts him just four shy of Henrik Sedin for the league lead in that category.
How rare is that? Well, a quick glance at the record books suggests that no blueliner has led the league in assists since Bobby Orr, who did it most recently in 1974-75. So the fact that Karlsson is even in the running this late into the season is worthy of mention.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5