Feb 25, 2012, 3:50 PM EST
Now with Jeff Carter locked in on playing in Los Angeles, some are wondering just how he’s going to fit in. After all, he’ll be teaming up again with his former Philadelphia Flyers teammate and best friend Mike Richards and with the Kings having their own system, the worry is that Carter might have a hard time adjusting.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider that he just wants to see him play the game.
“It’s not really instructions. Just let him go play. Our systems, and all that, are pretty generic, and he has played most of it. Other than the odd tweak, or three feet somewhere (on the ice) where he’s got to be, there’s not much there. Just go and play. The issues, when guys get traded, is skating and travel and the legal part of it. They just want to play.”
It’s like a modern-day Shakespeare saying that “the play’s the thing” except… Not.
All the Kings need Carter to do is to spark the offense and score goals the way he’s capable of doing. Sounds easy, right? As long as Carter stays healthy it should be doable. With 25 points in 39 games in Columbus, Carter’s got the skills. Of course, L.A. is where offense has gone to die this season. The Kings are hoping that Carter can snap everyone out of it.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 2
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 9
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 11
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 40
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)