Feb 25, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
Now with Jeff Carter locked in on playing in Los Angeles, some are wondering just how he’s going to fit in. After all, he’ll be teaming up again with his former Philadelphia Flyers teammate and best friend Mike Richards and with the Kings having their own system, the worry is that Carter might have a hard time adjusting.
Kings coach Darryl Sutter tells Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider that he just wants to see him play the game.
“It’s not really instructions. Just let him go play. Our systems, and all that, are pretty generic, and he has played most of it. Other than the odd tweak, or three feet somewhere (on the ice) where he’s got to be, there’s not much there. Just go and play. The issues, when guys get traded, is skating and travel and the legal part of it. They just want to play.”
It’s like a modern-day Shakespeare saying that “the play’s the thing” except… Not.
All the Kings need Carter to do is to spark the offense and score goals the way he’s capable of doing. Sounds easy, right? As long as Carter stays healthy it should be doable. With 25 points in 39 games in Columbus, Carter’s got the skills. Of course, L.A. is where offense has gone to die this season. The Kings are hoping that Carter can snap everyone out of it.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 6
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 8
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 16
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)