Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews, who has an upper body injury, didn’t even travel with Chicago to California for their two-game weekend road trip and he hasn’t started skating yet, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is still optimistic.
“(Toews) is progressing; he’s on the same pace he was at before,” Quenneville said. “We’ll know where he’s at when we come back but there’s a chance (he plays Wednesday).”
It’s worth noting that there’s been plenty of speculation that Toews is dealing with concussion-like symptoms, but Chicago hasn’t confirmed or denied that. Toews missed his third straight game on Saturday and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Niklas Hjalmarsson, who is back on the sidelines after trying to return from an upper body injury on Thursday, might also be able to play on Wednesday.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25