Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews, who has an upper body injury, didn’t even travel with Chicago to California for their two-game weekend road trip and he hasn’t started skating yet, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is still optimistic.
“(Toews) is progressing; he’s on the same pace he was at before,” Quenneville said. “We’ll know where he’s at when we come back but there’s a chance (he plays Wednesday).”
It’s worth noting that there’s been plenty of speculation that Toews is dealing with concussion-like symptoms, but Chicago hasn’t confirmed or denied that. Toews missed his third straight game on Saturday and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Niklas Hjalmarsson, who is back on the sidelines after trying to return from an upper body injury on Thursday, might also be able to play on Wednesday.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 15
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)