Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews, who has an upper body injury, didn’t even travel with Chicago to California for their two-game weekend road trip and he hasn’t started skating yet, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is still optimistic.
“(Toews) is progressing; he’s on the same pace he was at before,” Quenneville said. “We’ll know where he’s at when we come back but there’s a chance (he plays Wednesday).”
It’s worth noting that there’s been plenty of speculation that Toews is dealing with concussion-like symptoms, but Chicago hasn’t confirmed or denied that. Toews missed his third straight game on Saturday and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Niklas Hjalmarsson, who is back on the sidelines after trying to return from an upper body injury on Thursday, might also be able to play on Wednesday.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (151)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)