Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews, who has an upper body injury, didn’t even travel with Chicago to California for their two-game weekend road trip and he hasn’t started skating yet, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is still optimistic.
“(Toews) is progressing; he’s on the same pace he was at before,” Quenneville said. “We’ll know where he’s at when we come back but there’s a chance (he plays Wednesday).”
It’s worth noting that there’s been plenty of speculation that Toews is dealing with concussion-like symptoms, but Chicago hasn’t confirmed or denied that. Toews missed his third straight game on Saturday and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Niklas Hjalmarsson, who is back on the sidelines after trying to return from an upper body injury on Thursday, might also be able to play on Wednesday.
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 40
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)