Feb 25, 2012, 8:40 PM EST
Jonathan Toews, who has an upper body injury, didn’t even travel with Chicago to California for their two-game weekend road trip and he hasn’t started skating yet, but Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville is still optimistic.
“(Toews) is progressing; he’s on the same pace he was at before,” Quenneville said. “We’ll know where he’s at when we come back but there’s a chance (he plays Wednesday).”
It’s worth noting that there’s been plenty of speculation that Toews is dealing with concussion-like symptoms, but Chicago hasn’t confirmed or denied that. Toews missed his third straight game on Saturday and we’ll just have to wait and see what happens next.
Niklas Hjalmarsson, who is back on the sidelines after trying to return from an upper body injury on Thursday, might also be able to play on Wednesday.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 68
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 51
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 54
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 73
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)