Feb 24, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon has waded into the trade deadline pool by acquiring forward Jerred Smithson from Nashville in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2012.
“Jerred is a hard working, responsible, veteran player who plays well at both ends of the ice,” Tallon said. “He is a very good penalty killer, who has consistently ranked among his team’s leaders in face-off win percentage.”
Smithson, 33, has spent the majority of his career with the Predators, playing at least 64 games a year since the lockout. He’s a 6-foot-3, 210-pound checking forward with single-season highs of nine goals (2009-10) and 16 points (2007-08) and a fair bit of playoff experience (31 games).
He’s also sixth all time in games played for Nashville, which is…something.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 8
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 29
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)