Feb 24, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Since we often admonish coaches and general managers for banal hockeyspeak, full marks to Flames GM Jay Feaster for conducting one of the most candid interviews of the season.
During the second intermission of Calgary’s 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Thursday, Feaster spoke with Sportsnet’s Roger Millions (yes, that’s his real name) about his frustration level with his team. See, the Flames had blown a 2-0 lead against the Coyotes…this coming off Tuesday’s embarrassing 6-1 loss….at home…to 14th-place Edmonton.
Take it away, Jay:
Watching poor ol’ Rog try to steer the interview in a positive direction is just delightful.
Millions: “So Jay, there’s a chance your team could still win this game…would you like to discuss that possibility?”
Feaster: /takes phone call from Dean Lombardi
Anyway, for all Feaster’s bluster, it’ll be tough for him to ship guys out at the deadline — if he decides to go that route. The Flames have 11 players with either full or modified no-trade/no-movement clauses, which I believe makes them the league leader in that category.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 6
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 15
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 34
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 32
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)