Feb 24, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
Since we often admonish coaches and general managers for banal hockeyspeak, full marks to Flames GM Jay Feaster for conducting one of the most candid interviews of the season.
During the second intermission of Calgary’s 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Thursday, Feaster spoke with Sportsnet’s Roger Millions (yes, that’s his real name) about his frustration level with his team. See, the Flames had blown a 2-0 lead against the Coyotes…this coming off Tuesday’s embarrassing 6-1 loss….at home…to 14th-place Edmonton.
Take it away, Jay:
Watching poor ol’ Rog try to steer the interview in a positive direction is just delightful.
Millions: “So Jay, there’s a chance your team could still win this game…would you like to discuss that possibility?”
Feaster: /takes phone call from Dean Lombardi
Anyway, for all Feaster’s bluster, it’ll be tough for him to ship guys out at the deadline — if he decides to go that route. The Flames have 11 players with either full or modified no-trade/no-movement clauses, which I believe makes them the league leader in that category.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 6
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)