Feb 24, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
Since we often admonish coaches and general managers for banal hockeyspeak, full marks to Flames GM Jay Feaster for conducting one of the most candid interviews of the season.
During the second intermission of Calgary’s 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Thursday, Feaster spoke with Sportsnet’s Roger Millions (yes, that’s his real name) about his frustration level with his team. See, the Flames had blown a 2-0 lead against the Coyotes…this coming off Tuesday’s embarrassing 6-1 loss….at home…to 14th-place Edmonton.
Take it away, Jay:
Watching poor ol’ Rog try to steer the interview in a positive direction is just delightful.
Millions: “So Jay, there’s a chance your team could still win this game…would you like to discuss that possibility?”
Feaster: /takes phone call from Dean Lombardi
Anyway, for all Feaster’s bluster, it’ll be tough for him to ship guys out at the deadline — if he decides to go that route. The Flames have 11 players with either full or modified no-trade/no-movement clauses, which I believe makes them the league leader in that category.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)