Feb 24, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Since we often admonish coaches and general managers for banal hockeyspeak, full marks to Flames GM Jay Feaster for conducting one of the most candid interviews of the season.
During the second intermission of Calgary’s 4-3 shootout loss to Phoenix on Thursday, Feaster spoke with Sportsnet’s Roger Millions (yes, that’s his real name) about his frustration level with his team. See, the Flames had blown a 2-0 lead against the Coyotes…this coming off Tuesday’s embarrassing 6-1 loss….at home…to 14th-place Edmonton.
Take it away, Jay:
Watching poor ol’ Rog try to steer the interview in a positive direction is just delightful.
Millions: “So Jay, there’s a chance your team could still win this game…would you like to discuss that possibility?”
Feaster: /takes phone call from Dean Lombardi
Anyway, for all Feaster’s bluster, it’ll be tough for him to ship guys out at the deadline — if he decides to go that route. The Flames have 11 players with either full or modified no-trade/no-movement clauses, which I believe makes them the league leader in that category.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 1
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 5
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 16
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 32
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)