Feb 24, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Mitchell, 34, logs 21:46 per game, including a team-high 3:36 on the league’s fifth-ranked penalty kill. With Jack Johnson in Columbus now, his ice time could feasibly increase.
Mitchell’s current cap hit is $3.5 million.
Once the new contract details become available, we’ll update the post.
In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Mitchell, a good-looking fish, and some guy.
(Image via Pitt River Lodge)
UPDATE: Hammond reports Mitchell’s inked a two-year, $7 million deal. That’s the identical dollar amount and term as his last deal with the Kings, signed in Aug. 2010.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)