Feb 24, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Mitchell, 34, logs 21:46 per game, including a team-high 3:36 on the league’s fifth-ranked penalty kill. With Jack Johnson in Columbus now, his ice time could feasibly increase.
Mitchell’s current cap hit is $3.5 million.
Once the new contract details become available, we’ll update the post.
In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Mitchell, a good-looking fish, and some guy.
(Image via Pitt River Lodge)
UPDATE: Hammond reports Mitchell’s inked a two-year, $7 million deal. That’s the identical dollar amount and term as his last deal with the Kings, signed in Aug. 2010.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7