Feb 24, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Mitchell, 34, logs 21:46 per game, including a team-high 3:36 on the league’s fifth-ranked penalty kill. With Jack Johnson in Columbus now, his ice time could feasibly increase.
Mitchell’s current cap hit is $3.5 million.
Once the new contract details become available, we’ll update the post.
In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Mitchell, a good-looking fish, and some guy.
(Image via Pitt River Lodge)
UPDATE: Hammond reports Mitchell’s inked a two-year, $7 million deal. That’s the identical dollar amount and term as his last deal with the Kings, signed in Aug. 2010.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22