Feb 24, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Mitchell, 34, logs 21:46 per game, including a team-high 3:36 on the league’s fifth-ranked penalty kill. With Jack Johnson in Columbus now, his ice time could feasibly increase.
Mitchell’s current cap hit is $3.5 million.
Once the new contract details become available, we’ll update the post.
In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Mitchell, a good-looking fish, and some guy.
(Image via Pitt River Lodge)
UPDATE: Hammond reports Mitchell’s inked a two-year, $7 million deal. That’s the identical dollar amount and term as his last deal with the Kings, signed in Aug. 2010.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)