Feb 24, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The incident occurred late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-0 loss, with Hartnell receiving a two-minute kneeing minor on the play. The hit ended Paajarvi’s night — he didn’t play a shift in the third period — and some questioned Hartnell’s intent given that, moments earlier, he was on the receiving end of a hard hit from Corey Potter.
“I was just finishing my check. That’s part of my game, being physical,” Hartnell told the Edmonton Journal. “Hopefully he’s all right. I don’t know what happened to him or if he came back, but definitely there wasn’t any intent to injure.”
The Oilers haven’t released Paajarvi’s status yet. His knee is set to be evaluated this morning.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5