Feb 24, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The incident occurred late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-0 loss, with Hartnell receiving a two-minute kneeing minor on the play. The hit ended Paajarvi’s night — he didn’t play a shift in the third period — and some questioned Hartnell’s intent given that, moments earlier, he was on the receiving end of a hard hit from Corey Potter.
“I was just finishing my check. That’s part of my game, being physical,” Hartnell told the Edmonton Journal. “Hopefully he’s all right. I don’t know what happened to him or if he came back, but definitely there wasn’t any intent to injure.”
The Oilers haven’t released Paajarvi’s status yet. His knee is set to be evaluated this morning.
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29