Feb 24, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
The incident occurred late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-0 loss, with Hartnell receiving a two-minute kneeing minor on the play. The hit ended Paajarvi’s night — he didn’t play a shift in the third period — and some questioned Hartnell’s intent given that, moments earlier, he was on the receiving end of a hard hit from Corey Potter.
“I was just finishing my check. That’s part of my game, being physical,” Hartnell told the Edmonton Journal. “Hopefully he’s all right. I don’t know what happened to him or if he came back, but definitely there wasn’t any intent to injure.”
The Oilers haven’t released Paajarvi’s status yet. His knee is set to be evaluated this morning.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 1
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 15
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 28