Feb 24, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
The incident occurred late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-0 loss, with Hartnell receiving a two-minute kneeing minor on the play. The hit ended Paajarvi’s night — he didn’t play a shift in the third period — and some questioned Hartnell’s intent given that, moments earlier, he was on the receiving end of a hard hit from Corey Potter.
“I was just finishing my check. That’s part of my game, being physical,” Hartnell told the Edmonton Journal. “Hopefully he’s all right. I don’t know what happened to him or if he came back, but definitely there wasn’t any intent to injure.”
The Oilers haven’t released Paajarvi’s status yet. His knee is set to be evaluated this morning.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36