Feb 24, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
The incident occurred late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-0 loss, with Hartnell receiving a two-minute kneeing minor on the play. The hit ended Paajarvi’s night — he didn’t play a shift in the third period — and some questioned Hartnell’s intent given that, moments earlier, he was on the receiving end of a hard hit from Corey Potter.
“I was just finishing my check. That’s part of my game, being physical,” Hartnell told the Edmonton Journal. “Hopefully he’s all right. I don’t know what happened to him or if he came back, but definitely there wasn’t any intent to injure.”
The Oilers haven’t released Paajarvi’s status yet. His knee is set to be evaluated this morning.
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 16
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10