Feb 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is “ready to go” and will be in the lineup tonight when Washington hosts Montreal – good news for the Capitals, who’ve scored just three times in their last three games, all of them losses.
Ovechkin, the team leader in goals (24), sat Wednesday in Ottawa with a lower-body injury and watched the Caps fall to the Sens, 5-2.
“It felt much better,” he said this morning after skating for about 15 minutes. “We tried a couple days ago and I didn’t feel well. Today I feel normal.”
Washington sits three points behind eighth-place Florida in the Eastern Conference and four points back of Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg.
The Caps are in Toronto tomorrow to play the ninth-place Leafs in a battle between two teams that are headed in the same direction, and it isn’t up.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12