Feb 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is “ready to go” and will be in the lineup tonight when Washington hosts Montreal – good news for the Capitals, who’ve scored just three times in their last three games, all of them losses.
Ovechkin, the team leader in goals (24), sat Wednesday in Ottawa with a lower-body injury and watched the Caps fall to the Sens, 5-2.
“It felt much better,” he said this morning after skating for about 15 minutes. “We tried a couple days ago and I didn’t feel well. Today I feel normal.”
Washington sits three points behind eighth-place Florida in the Eastern Conference and four points back of Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg.
The Caps are in Toronto tomorrow to play the ninth-place Leafs in a battle between two teams that are headed in the same direction, and it isn’t up.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)