Feb 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is “ready to go” and will be in the lineup tonight when Washington hosts Montreal – good news for the Capitals, who’ve scored just three times in their last three games, all of them losses.
Ovechkin, the team leader in goals (24), sat Wednesday in Ottawa with a lower-body injury and watched the Caps fall to the Sens, 5-2.
“It felt much better,” he said this morning after skating for about 15 minutes. “We tried a couple days ago and I didn’t feel well. Today I feel normal.”
Washington sits three points behind eighth-place Florida in the Eastern Conference and four points back of Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg.
The Caps are in Toronto tomorrow to play the ninth-place Leafs in a battle between two teams that are headed in the same direction, and it isn’t up.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 17
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25