Feb 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is “ready to go” and will be in the lineup tonight when Washington hosts Montreal – good news for the Capitals, who’ve scored just three times in their last three games, all of them losses.
Ovechkin, the team leader in goals (24), sat Wednesday in Ottawa with a lower-body injury and watched the Caps fall to the Sens, 5-2.
“It felt much better,” he said this morning after skating for about 15 minutes. “We tried a couple days ago and I didn’t feel well. Today I feel normal.”
Washington sits three points behind eighth-place Florida in the Eastern Conference and four points back of Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg.
The Caps are in Toronto tomorrow to play the ninth-place Leafs in a battle between two teams that are headed in the same direction, and it isn’t up.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)