Feb 24, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin is “ready to go” and will be in the lineup tonight when Washington hosts Montreal – good news for the Capitals, who’ve scored just three times in their last three games, all of them losses.
Ovechkin, the team leader in goals (24), sat Wednesday in Ottawa with a lower-body injury and watched the Caps fall to the Sens, 5-2.
“It felt much better,” he said this morning after skating for about 15 minutes. “We tried a couple days ago and I didn’t feel well. Today I feel normal.”
Washington sits three points behind eighth-place Florida in the Eastern Conference and four points back of Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg.
The Caps are in Toronto tomorrow to play the ninth-place Leafs in a battle between two teams that are headed in the same direction, and it isn’t up.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7