Feb 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets shed no tears over the departure of Carter, who was never comfortable in Columbus. His departure was a foregone conclusion. “From day one,” one player said when asked how long he could see the Carter trade coming.
It was never a secret that Carter was devastated after being traded by the Flyers in June. As Portzline reminds us, he “went into hiding and required a delegation of Blue Jackets to visit him at his summer home in New Jersey before he spoke publicly.”
Not a good start.
“He made a long-term commitment to Philadelphia. It was hard for him to deal with the trade.”
Howson was being diplomatic. You can imagine what those in the organization have said privately about Carter.
FYI, the Kings are in Columbus on March 8. Might be a few boos that night at Nationwide.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 64
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63