Feb 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets shed no tears over the departure of Carter, who was never comfortable in Columbus. His departure was a foregone conclusion. “From day one,” one player said when asked how long he could see the Carter trade coming.
It was never a secret that Carter was devastated after being traded by the Flyers in June. As Portzline reminds us, he “went into hiding and required a delegation of Blue Jackets to visit him at his summer home in New Jersey before he spoke publicly.”
Not a good start.
“He made a long-term commitment to Philadelphia. It was hard for him to deal with the trade.”
Howson was being diplomatic. You can imagine what those in the organization have said privately about Carter.
FYI, the Kings are in Columbus on March 8. Might be a few boos that night at Nationwide.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)