Feb 24, 2012, 6:20 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets shed no tears over the departure of Carter, who was never comfortable in Columbus. His departure was a foregone conclusion. “From day one,” one player said when asked how long he could see the Carter trade coming.
It was never a secret that Carter was devastated after being traded by the Flyers in June. As Portzline reminds us, he “went into hiding and required a delegation of Blue Jackets to visit him at his summer home in New Jersey before he spoke publicly.”
Not a good start.
“He made a long-term commitment to Philadelphia. It was hard for him to deal with the trade.”
Howson was being diplomatic. You can imagine what those in the organization have said privately about Carter.
FYI, the Kings are in Columbus on March 8. Might be a few boos that night at Nationwide.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)