Feb 24, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
LeBrun notes that Minnesota backup Josh Harding is high on GM Ray Shero’s list. Harding, 27, is an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and has been solid for the Wild this year, posting a 9-9-3 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.59 GAA.
It’s not surprising the Penguins want a new caddy for Marc-Andre Fleury. Johnson’s been terrible of late — hooked in two of his last three starts — and as a result, Fleury has been forced into action on his days off, which he hates because as a salaried employee, he’s not eligible for time-and-a-half. He’s got full dental though, which is nice.
Forcing Fleury into extended action has been a common theme in Pittsburgh this season. The Pens played 11 games in January and Flower was the goalie of record in 10 of them, a big reason why he’s on pace to set a career high in appearances.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)