Feb 24, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
LeBrun notes that Minnesota backup Josh Harding is high on GM Ray Shero’s list. Harding, 27, is an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and has been solid for the Wild this year, posting a 9-9-3 record with a .919 save percentage and 2.59 GAA.
It’s not surprising the Penguins want a new caddy for Marc-Andre Fleury. Johnson’s been terrible of late — hooked in two of his last three starts — and as a result, Fleury has been forced into action on his days off, which he hates because as a salaried employee, he’s not eligible for time-and-a-half. He’s got full dental though, which is nice.
Forcing Fleury into extended action has been a common theme in Pittsburgh this season. The Pens played 11 games in January and Flower was the goalie of record in 10 of them, a big reason why he’s on pace to set a career high in appearances.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 4
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)