Feb 24, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
Check out Peter Laviolette’s response after his Philadelphia Flyers were shut out 2-0 in Edmonton on Thursday night.
(Warning: Video may contain seething and jaw-clenching not suitable for younger audiences.)
Philly’s lackluster second period seemed to really draw Laviolette’s ire. The Flyers were outscored 2-0 and out-shot 15-6, with newest acquisition Pavel Kubina taking a bad holding penalty that led to the eventual game-winning goal.
“Our second period was flat,” Daniel Briere told CSN Philadelphia. “They really took it to us and took control of that period right off the get-go. We didn’t respond. It took us too long to respond, too.”
Whatever positive momentum Philly might’ve gained from Tuesday’s emotional comeback victory in Winnipeg was effectively wiped out in Edmonton. The Flyers have now gone a full month without back-to-back wins — the last set coming from Jan. 10-12 — and are in serious danger of falling to seventh in the Eastern Conference.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 0
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 71
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (86)