Feb 24, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
Check out Peter Laviolette’s response after his Philadelphia Flyers were shut out 2-0 in Edmonton on Thursday night.
(Warning: Video may contain seething and jaw-clenching not suitable for younger audiences.)
Philly’s lackluster second period seemed to really draw Laviolette’s ire. The Flyers were outscored 2-0 and out-shot 15-6, with newest acquisition Pavel Kubina taking a bad holding penalty that led to the eventual game-winning goal.
“Our second period was flat,” Daniel Briere told CSN Philadelphia. “They really took it to us and took control of that period right off the get-go. We didn’t respond. It took us too long to respond, too.”
Whatever positive momentum Philly might’ve gained from Tuesday’s emotional comeback victory in Winnipeg was effectively wiped out in Edmonton. The Flyers have now gone a full month without back-to-back wins — the last set coming from Jan. 10-12 — and are in serious danger of falling to seventh in the Eastern Conference.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)