Feb 24, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
Check out Peter Laviolette’s response after his Philadelphia Flyers were shut out 2-0 in Edmonton on Thursday night.
(Warning: Video may contain seething and jaw-clenching not suitable for younger audiences.)
Philly’s lackluster second period seemed to really draw Laviolette’s ire. The Flyers were outscored 2-0 and out-shot 15-6, with newest acquisition Pavel Kubina taking a bad holding penalty that led to the eventual game-winning goal.
“Our second period was flat,” Daniel Briere told CSN Philadelphia. “They really took it to us and took control of that period right off the get-go. We didn’t respond. It took us too long to respond, too.”
Whatever positive momentum Philly might’ve gained from Tuesday’s emotional comeback victory in Winnipeg was effectively wiped out in Edmonton. The Flyers have now gone a full month without back-to-back wins — the last set coming from Jan. 10-12 — and are in serious danger of falling to seventh in the Eastern Conference.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)