Feb 24, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
This morning on Twitter, TSN’s Bob McKenzie shared the teams that are supposedly interested in acquiring the services of Dustin Brown, the Kings’ captain who’s all of a sudden available prior to Monday’s trade deadline.
It’s an interesting mix of contenders, up-and-comers, and Buffalo.
Given all Brown brings to the table – toughness, goal-scoring and a manageable cap hit – he makes sense for all of those teams to pursue. The question is, what does Kings GM Dean Lombardi want in return?
Via Pierre LeBrun:
One source told ESPN.com that the Kings would like to get defenseman Luke Schenn and highly touted forward prospect Matt Frattin from the Leafs in a Brown deal. My sense is that Toronto would find that price too rich, but GM Brian Burke — who had Brown on Team USA in 2010 — really loves Brown.
If there’s one caveat with Brown, it’s the fact his contract runs out at the end of the 2013-14, after which he’s set to become an unrestricted free agent. So if you’re a GM, you’d better hope he likes playing for your team and you’d better be prepared to open your wallet starting in 2014-15.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)