Feb 24, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
And just like that, Dustin Brown is off the trade market.
At least that’s what L.A. general manager Dean Lombardi is telling other general managers, according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Friedman thinks it’s possible the “Kings backtracked after Brown’s name got out,” though I’m not sure why that would have anything to do with it. If Lombardi wanted to trade Brown, everyone knowing he wanted to trade Brown could actually bid up the price.
It’s possible Lombardi was merely considering trading Brown, and now that he’s considered it, he doesn’t want to.
Poor Bob McKenzie — cue the damage control.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)