Feb 24, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
And just like that, Dustin Brown is off the trade market.
At least that’s what L.A. general manager Dean Lombardi is telling other general managers, according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Friedman thinks it’s possible the “Kings backtracked after Brown’s name got out,” though I’m not sure why that would have anything to do with it. If Lombardi wanted to trade Brown, everyone knowing he wanted to trade Brown could actually bid up the price.
It’s possible Lombardi was merely considering trading Brown, and now that he’s considered it, he doesn’t want to.
Poor Bob McKenzie — cue the damage control.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)