Feb 24, 2012, 2:24 PM EST
And just like that, Dustin Brown is off the trade market.
At least that’s what L.A. general manager Dean Lombardi is telling other general managers, according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Friedman thinks it’s possible the “Kings backtracked after Brown’s name got out,” though I’m not sure why that would have anything to do with it. If Lombardi wanted to trade Brown, everyone knowing he wanted to trade Brown could actually bid up the price.
It’s possible Lombardi was merely considering trading Brown, and now that he’s considered it, he doesn’t want to.
Poor Bob McKenzie — cue the damage control.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)