Feb 24, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
And just like that, Dustin Brown is off the trade market.
At least that’s what L.A. general manager Dean Lombardi is telling other general managers, according to the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
Friedman thinks it’s possible the “Kings backtracked after Brown’s name got out,” though I’m not sure why that would have anything to do with it. If Lombardi wanted to trade Brown, everyone knowing he wanted to trade Brown could actually bid up the price.
It’s possible Lombardi was merely considering trading Brown, and now that he’s considered it, he doesn’t want to.
Poor Bob McKenzie — cue the damage control.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)