Feb 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Brown has a very manageable cap hit ($3.175 million) on a contract that runs two additional seasons. The 27-year-old right winger is a four-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL, including a career-high 33 in 2007-08. He plays on the power play and the penalty kill, plus he leads the team in hits, with 215.
In other words, there will be plenty of suitors for Brown.
Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be. But a lot of teams could use a gritty top-six forward that can put the puck in the net.
In fact, we hear the Kings are quite interested.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 22
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 12
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54