Feb 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Brown has a very manageable cap hit ($3.175 million) on a contract that runs two additional seasons. The 27-year-old right winger is a four-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL, including a career-high 33 in 2007-08. He plays on the power play and the penalty kill, plus he leads the team in hits, with 215.
In other words, there will be plenty of suitors for Brown.
Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be. But a lot of teams could use a gritty top-six forward that can put the puck in the net.
In fact, we hear the Kings are quite interested.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 14
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 32
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)