Feb 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Brown has a very manageable cap hit ($3.175 million) on a contract that runs two additional seasons. The 27-year-old right winger is a four-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL, including a career-high 33 in 2007-08. He plays on the power play and the penalty kill, plus he leads the team in hits, with 215.
In other words, there will be plenty of suitors for Brown.
Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be. But a lot of teams could use a gritty top-six forward that can put the puck in the net.
In fact, we hear the Kings are quite interested.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)