Feb 24, 2012, 7:00 AM EDT
Brown has a very manageable cap hit ($3.175 million) on a contract that runs two additional seasons. The 27-year-old right winger is a four-time 20-goal scorer in the NHL, including a career-high 33 in 2007-08. He plays on the power play and the penalty kill, plus he leads the team in hits, with 215.
In other words, there will be plenty of suitors for Brown.
Not surprisingly, the TSN panelists were falling all over themselves to say he’d be a fit with the Leafs, and he probably would be. But a lot of teams could use a gritty top-six forward that can put the puck in the net.
In fact, we hear the Kings are quite interested.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 0
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)