Feb 23, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
According to reports, the San Jose Sharks aren’t willing to include Logan Couture as part of their bid in the Rick Nash sweepstakes — which has led many to speculate that another high-scoring forward, Joe Pavelski, is in the mix.
According to Pavelski, the Sharks are looking to buy.
“We’re a team that’s looking to add, more than anything,” he told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “That’s what we expect, and we believe in everyone in here. We’ve seen how everyone can get the job done throughout the season, and we just need everyone to step up their game and find that spot where they’re comfortable, and they’re contributing.”
Pavelski, 27, is on pace for a career-high in goals and averaging over 20 minutes a night. He represented the U.S. at the 2010 Winter Olympics and has two years left on a deal that pays $4 million annually — all of which adds up to him being rumored as a key ingredient in a potential package for Nash.
That said, Pavelski isn’t focusing on trade talks. He’s just trying snap a recent skid that’s seen San Jose go 1-4-1 over its last six.
“It’s going to be tough to get out of this,” Pavelski said. “We’re going to win a game 2-1 or 1-0 and it’s going to be one of those tight ones where somebody steps up and finds a way. You never quite know who it’s going to be, so that’s why we need everybody.”
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 83
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (83)