Feb 23, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
According to reports, the San Jose Sharks aren’t willing to include Logan Couture as part of their bid in the Rick Nash sweepstakes — which has led many to speculate that another high-scoring forward, Joe Pavelski, is in the mix.
According to Pavelski, the Sharks are looking to buy.
“We’re a team that’s looking to add, more than anything,” he told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “That’s what we expect, and we believe in everyone in here. We’ve seen how everyone can get the job done throughout the season, and we just need everyone to step up their game and find that spot where they’re comfortable, and they’re contributing.”
Pavelski, 27, is on pace for a career-high in goals and averaging over 20 minutes a night. He represented the U.S. at the 2010 Winter Olympics and has two years left on a deal that pays $4 million annually — all of which adds up to him being rumored as a key ingredient in a potential package for Nash.
That said, Pavelski isn’t focusing on trade talks. He’s just trying snap a recent skid that’s seen San Jose go 1-4-1 over its last six.
“It’s going to be tough to get out of this,” Pavelski said. “We’re going to win a game 2-1 or 1-0 and it’s going to be one of those tight ones where somebody steps up and finds a way. You never quite know who it’s going to be, so that’s why we need everybody.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)