Feb 23, 2012, 11:26 AM EST
According to reports, the San Jose Sharks aren’t willing to include Logan Couture as part of their bid in the Rick Nash sweepstakes — which has led many to speculate that another high-scoring forward, Joe Pavelski, is in the mix.
According to Pavelski, the Sharks are looking to buy.
“We’re a team that’s looking to add, more than anything,” he told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “That’s what we expect, and we believe in everyone in here. We’ve seen how everyone can get the job done throughout the season, and we just need everyone to step up their game and find that spot where they’re comfortable, and they’re contributing.”
Pavelski, 27, is on pace for a career-high in goals and averaging over 20 minutes a night. He represented the U.S. at the 2010 Winter Olympics and has two years left on a deal that pays $4 million annually — all of which adds up to him being rumored as a key ingredient in a potential package for Nash.
That said, Pavelski isn’t focusing on trade talks. He’s just trying snap a recent skid that’s seen San Jose go 1-4-1 over its last six.
“It’s going to be tough to get out of this,” Pavelski said. “We’re going to win a game 2-1 or 1-0 and it’s going to be one of those tight ones where somebody steps up and finds a way. You never quite know who it’s going to be, so that’s why we need everybody.”
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35