Feb 23, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
According to reports, the San Jose Sharks aren’t willing to include Logan Couture as part of their bid in the Rick Nash sweepstakes — which has led many to speculate that another high-scoring forward, Joe Pavelski, is in the mix.
According to Pavelski, the Sharks are looking to buy.
“We’re a team that’s looking to add, more than anything,” he told CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz. “That’s what we expect, and we believe in everyone in here. We’ve seen how everyone can get the job done throughout the season, and we just need everyone to step up their game and find that spot where they’re comfortable, and they’re contributing.”
Pavelski, 27, is on pace for a career-high in goals and averaging over 20 minutes a night. He represented the U.S. at the 2010 Winter Olympics and has two years left on a deal that pays $4 million annually — all of which adds up to him being rumored as a key ingredient in a potential package for Nash.
That said, Pavelski isn’t focusing on trade talks. He’s just trying snap a recent skid that’s seen San Jose go 1-4-1 over its last six.
“It’s going to be tough to get out of this,” Pavelski said. “We’re going to win a game 2-1 or 1-0 and it’s going to be one of those tight ones where somebody steps up and finds a way. You never quite know who it’s going to be, so that’s why we need everybody.”
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)