Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like Kyle Quincey might not be the last Avalanche player traded before Monday’s deadline.
“There’s a lot of guys whose bags are packed outside their door [in Colorado],” the newest member of the Red Wings told reporters ahead of tonight’s home game against the Canucks, as per ESPN’s Craig Custance.
But will the Avs actually end up sellers at the deadline? They’re only two points behind eighth-place Los Angeles in the Western Conference, and while they just traded away arguably their best defenseman, they did add an effective player in Steve Downie.
The Avs play tomorrow in Columbus and Saturday in Detroit. Perhaps their playoff chances will become clearer after that. Lose both games and GM Greg Sherman might start unloading assets.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 9
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 14
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 30
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 42
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 45
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)