Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like Kyle Quincey might not be the last Avalanche player traded before Monday’s deadline.
“There’s a lot of guys whose bags are packed outside their door [in Colorado],” the newest member of the Red Wings told reporters ahead of tonight’s home game against the Canucks, as per ESPN’s Craig Custance.
But will the Avs actually end up sellers at the deadline? They’re only two points behind eighth-place Los Angeles in the Western Conference, and while they just traded away arguably their best defenseman, they did add an effective player in Steve Downie.
The Avs play tomorrow in Columbus and Saturday in Detroit. Perhaps their playoff chances will become clearer after that. Lose both games and GM Greg Sherman might start unloading assets.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)