Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like Kyle Quincey might not be the last Avalanche player traded before Monday’s deadline.
“There’s a lot of guys whose bags are packed outside their door [in Colorado],” the newest member of the Red Wings told reporters ahead of tonight’s home game against the Canucks, as per ESPN’s Craig Custance.
But will the Avs actually end up sellers at the deadline? They’re only two points behind eighth-place Los Angeles in the Western Conference, and while they just traded away arguably their best defenseman, they did add an effective player in Steve Downie.
The Avs play tomorrow in Columbus and Saturday in Detroit. Perhaps their playoff chances will become clearer after that. Lose both games and GM Greg Sherman might start unloading assets.
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 0
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)