Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like Kyle Quincey might not be the last Avalanche player traded before Monday’s deadline.
“There’s a lot of guys whose bags are packed outside their door [in Colorado],” the newest member of the Red Wings told reporters ahead of tonight’s home game against the Canucks, as per ESPN’s Craig Custance.
But will the Avs actually end up sellers at the deadline? They’re only two points behind eighth-place Los Angeles in the Western Conference, and while they just traded away arguably their best defenseman, they did add an effective player in Steve Downie.
The Avs play tomorrow in Columbus and Saturday in Detroit. Perhaps their playoff chances will become clearer after that. Lose both games and GM Greg Sherman might start unloading assets.
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 2
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 1
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 28
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)