Feb 23, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
Sounds like Kyle Quincey might not be the last Avalanche player traded before Monday’s deadline.
“There’s a lot of guys whose bags are packed outside their door [in Colorado],” the newest member of the Red Wings told reporters ahead of tonight’s home game against the Canucks, as per ESPN’s Craig Custance.
But will the Avs actually end up sellers at the deadline? They’re only two points behind eighth-place Los Angeles in the Western Conference, and while they just traded away arguably their best defenseman, they did add an effective player in Steve Downie.
The Avs play tomorrow in Columbus and Saturday in Detroit. Perhaps their playoff chances will become clearer after that. Lose both games and GM Greg Sherman might start unloading assets.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39