Feb 23, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
Tonight in Detroit, the Red Wings will look to win their record-extending 24th straight at home against a Vancouver Canucks team that’s lost just once in regulation in its last 14.
Folks, we’re heading for a showdown in Motown.
To celebrate this potential Western Conference final (yes, we’re contractually obligated to say that), we want you to predict who wins and the score. Oh, and if you nail it bang-on, we’ll bus you and a friend to Cleveland where you’ll spend three nights at the fabulous Days Inn Cleveland Airport South, of which TripAdvisor.com user letshoh said: “The bed was pleasantly comfortable and the room was clean.” (Contest open to ages 100 and above.)
A few things to consider when making your pick:
—- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the Canucks this season, winning once at home and once on the road. Last time the teams met (Feb. 2 in Vancouver), the Wings prevailed 4-3 in a shootout.
—- Tuesday in Nashville, Vancouver lost its first game in regulation game since Jan. 15.
—- Tuesday in Chicago, Detroit lost to the Blackhawks, 2-1.
—- The Canucks have the most road victories (20) of any team in the NHL.
—- Detroit is 26-2-1 at the Joe.
Here’s what we’re predicting:
Halford: Wings win 3-2 in a shootout.
Brough: Canucks win 4-3 in overtime.
OK, your turn…
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)