Feb 23, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Tonight in Detroit, the Red Wings will look to win their record-extending 24th straight at home against a Vancouver Canucks team that’s lost just once in regulation in its last 14.
Folks, we’re heading for a showdown in Motown.
To celebrate this potential Western Conference final (yes, we’re contractually obligated to say that), we want you to predict who wins and the score. Oh, and if you nail it bang-on, we’ll bus you and a friend to Cleveland where you’ll spend three nights at the fabulous Days Inn Cleveland Airport South, of which TripAdvisor.com user letshoh said: “The bed was pleasantly comfortable and the room was clean.” (Contest open to ages 100 and above.)
A few things to consider when making your pick:
—- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the Canucks this season, winning once at home and once on the road. Last time the teams met (Feb. 2 in Vancouver), the Wings prevailed 4-3 in a shootout.
—- Tuesday in Nashville, Vancouver lost its first game in regulation game since Jan. 15.
—- Tuesday in Chicago, Detroit lost to the Blackhawks, 2-1.
—- The Canucks have the most road victories (20) of any team in the NHL.
—- Detroit is 26-2-1 at the Joe.
Here’s what we’re predicting:
Halford: Wings win 3-2 in a shootout.
Brough: Canucks win 4-3 in overtime.
OK, your turn…
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18