Feb 23, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Tonight in Detroit, the Red Wings will look to win their record-extending 24th straight at home against a Vancouver Canucks team that’s lost just once in regulation in its last 14.
Folks, we’re heading for a showdown in Motown.
To celebrate this potential Western Conference final (yes, we’re contractually obligated to say that), we want you to predict who wins and the score. Oh, and if you nail it bang-on, we’ll bus you and a friend to Cleveland where you’ll spend three nights at the fabulous Days Inn Cleveland Airport South, of which TripAdvisor.com user letshoh said: “The bed was pleasantly comfortable and the room was clean.” (Contest open to ages 100 and above.)
A few things to consider when making your pick:
—- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the Canucks this season, winning once at home and once on the road. Last time the teams met (Feb. 2 in Vancouver), the Wings prevailed 4-3 in a shootout.
—- Tuesday in Nashville, Vancouver lost its first game in regulation game since Jan. 15.
—- Tuesday in Chicago, Detroit lost to the Blackhawks, 2-1.
—- The Canucks have the most road victories (20) of any team in the NHL.
—- Detroit is 26-2-1 at the Joe.
Here’s what we’re predicting:
Halford: Wings win 3-2 in a shootout.
Brough: Canucks win 4-3 in overtime.
OK, your turn…
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53