Feb 23, 2012, 12:34 PM EDT
Tonight in Detroit, the Red Wings will look to win their record-extending 24th straight at home against a Vancouver Canucks team that’s lost just once in regulation in its last 14.
Folks, we’re heading for a showdown in Motown.
To celebrate this potential Western Conference final (yes, we’re contractually obligated to say that), we want you to predict who wins and the score. Oh, and if you nail it bang-on, we’ll bus you and a friend to Cleveland where you’ll spend three nights at the fabulous Days Inn Cleveland Airport South, of which TripAdvisor.com user letshoh said: “The bed was pleasantly comfortable and the room was clean.” (Contest open to ages 100 and above.)
A few things to consider when making your pick:
—- Detroit is 2-1-0 against the Canucks this season, winning once at home and once on the road. Last time the teams met (Feb. 2 in Vancouver), the Wings prevailed 4-3 in a shootout.
—- Tuesday in Nashville, Vancouver lost its first game in regulation game since Jan. 15.
—- Tuesday in Chicago, Detroit lost to the Blackhawks, 2-1.
—- The Canucks have the most road victories (20) of any team in the NHL.
—- Detroit is 26-2-1 at the Joe.
Here’s what we’re predicting:
Halford: Wings win 3-2 in a shootout.
Brough: Canucks win 4-3 in overtime.
OK, your turn…
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 2
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55