Feb 23, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
If you’re wondering what life’s like for the Blue Jackets just a few days before Monday’s trade deadline and rumors swirling around them (gusting even), Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch paints the picture:
One player today said that he has a small duffel bag packed and ready to go — enough to get through a day or two — in case he’s traded and needs to catch a flight on a moment’s notice. He said he’s not alone. “I’m sure a lot of players are ready like that.”
No truth to the rumor Jeff Carter never unpacked in the first place. (Though we’d be surprised if he bought a house, got a dog, or dated a girl without saying, “I like you a lot, but I’m not looking for anything serious.”)
And, down the hall from the dressing room, the “press conference” room is being rearranged to handle a large crowd, such as one a big trade might draw.
Or maybe they’re just expecting a big media presence at Monday’s home game against the Ducks. What, is that too hard to believe?
OK, fine, they’re setting up to announce a big trade.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25