Feb 23, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
If you’re wondering what life’s like for the Blue Jackets just a few days before Monday’s trade deadline and rumors swirling around them (gusting even), Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch paints the picture:
One player today said that he has a small duffel bag packed and ready to go — enough to get through a day or two — in case he’s traded and needs to catch a flight on a moment’s notice. He said he’s not alone. “I’m sure a lot of players are ready like that.”
No truth to the rumor Jeff Carter never unpacked in the first place. (Though we’d be surprised if he bought a house, got a dog, or dated a girl without saying, “I like you a lot, but I’m not looking for anything serious.”)
And, down the hall from the dressing room, the “press conference” room is being rearranged to handle a large crowd, such as one a big trade might draw.
Or maybe they’re just expecting a big media presence at Monday’s home game against the Ducks. What, is that too hard to believe?
OK, fine, they’re setting up to announce a big trade.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29