Feb 23, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
If you’re wondering what life’s like for the Blue Jackets just a few days before Monday’s trade deadline and rumors swirling around them (gusting even), Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch paints the picture:
One player today said that he has a small duffel bag packed and ready to go — enough to get through a day or two — in case he’s traded and needs to catch a flight on a moment’s notice. He said he’s not alone. “I’m sure a lot of players are ready like that.”
No truth to the rumor Jeff Carter never unpacked in the first place. (Though we’d be surprised if he bought a house, got a dog, or dated a girl without saying, “I like you a lot, but I’m not looking for anything serious.”)
And, down the hall from the dressing room, the “press conference” room is being rearranged to handle a large crowd, such as one a big trade might draw.
Or maybe they’re just expecting a big media presence at Monday’s home game against the Ducks. What, is that too hard to believe?
OK, fine, they’re setting up to announce a big trade.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 6
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2