Feb 23, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
If you’re wondering what life’s like for the Blue Jackets just a few days before Monday’s trade deadline and rumors swirling around them (gusting even), Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch paints the picture:
One player today said that he has a small duffel bag packed and ready to go — enough to get through a day or two — in case he’s traded and needs to catch a flight on a moment’s notice. He said he’s not alone. “I’m sure a lot of players are ready like that.”
No truth to the rumor Jeff Carter never unpacked in the first place. (Though we’d be surprised if he bought a house, got a dog, or dated a girl without saying, “I like you a lot, but I’m not looking for anything serious.”)
And, down the hall from the dressing room, the “press conference” room is being rearranged to handle a large crowd, such as one a big trade might draw.
Or maybe they’re just expecting a big media presence at Monday’s home game against the Ducks. What, is that too hard to believe?
OK, fine, they’re setting up to announce a big trade.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)