Feb 23, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
If you’re wondering what life’s like for the Blue Jackets just a few days before Monday’s trade deadline and rumors swirling around them (gusting even), Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch paints the picture:
One player today said that he has a small duffel bag packed and ready to go — enough to get through a day or two — in case he’s traded and needs to catch a flight on a moment’s notice. He said he’s not alone. “I’m sure a lot of players are ready like that.”
No truth to the rumor Jeff Carter never unpacked in the first place. (Though we’d be surprised if he bought a house, got a dog, or dated a girl without saying, “I like you a lot, but I’m not looking for anything serious.”)
And, down the hall from the dressing room, the “press conference” room is being rearranged to handle a large crowd, such as one a big trade might draw.
Or maybe they’re just expecting a big media presence at Monday’s home game against the Ducks. What, is that too hard to believe?
OK, fine, they’re setting up to announce a big trade.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)