Feb 23, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
You know the old line with agitating players: “You hate the guy until he’s on your team.”
Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban might be the exception to that rule. The Canadian Press reports that Subban got in yet another practice scuffle, this time with David Desharnais. Take a moment to enjoy the fly-on-the-wall coverage of the kerfuffle:
Subban dumped his teammate to the ice and as Desharnais got up, he cross-checked and slashed Subban.
Other players stepped in before the confrontation got out of hand.
With that in mind, here’s the tally of teammates that Subban has infuriated to the point of violence this season: Desharnais, Mathieu Darche, Louis Leblanc and Tomas Plekanec. Things also got pretty heated between Subban and an assistant coach, not to mention all the opponents who want him to suffer a painful fate.
Josh Gorges describes the frequent practice fights as “a mere coincidence” and it’s undeniable that more defeats tend to equal more fights, but you’d be zany to deny that a pattern is forming for the petulant but talented D-man.
On the bright side, he seems to get along quite well with Carey Price:
(You gotta love the triple-low five.)
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)