Feb 23, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
You know the old line with agitating players: “You hate the guy until he’s on your team.”
Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban might be the exception to that rule. The Canadian Press reports that Subban got in yet another practice scuffle, this time with David Desharnais. Take a moment to enjoy the fly-on-the-wall coverage of the kerfuffle:
Subban dumped his teammate to the ice and as Desharnais got up, he cross-checked and slashed Subban.
Other players stepped in before the confrontation got out of hand.
With that in mind, here’s the tally of teammates that Subban has infuriated to the point of violence this season: Desharnais, Mathieu Darche, Louis Leblanc and Tomas Plekanec. Things also got pretty heated between Subban and an assistant coach, not to mention all the opponents who want him to suffer a painful fate.
Josh Gorges describes the frequent practice fights as “a mere coincidence” and it’s undeniable that more defeats tend to equal more fights, but you’d be zany to deny that a pattern is forming for the petulant but talented D-man.
On the bright side, he seems to get along quite well with Carey Price:
(You gotta love the triple-low five.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)