Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
The morning after missing a game in Ottawa with a lower-body injury, Alex Ovechkin hit the ice at the Capitals’ practice facility in Virginia. Two minutes later, he left the ice. But no need to worry, he came back for about 15 minutes of light skating.
OK, some need to worry – Ovechkin was wearing a powder-blue jersey, which according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post usually means no contact. Not that there was anyone out there to hit him, as he was skating by himself.
The Caps – with just three wins in their last 12 – host the Habs tomorrow, then play in Toronto Saturday against a Leafs team that’s also fighting (poorly) to make the playoffs.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)