Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
The morning after missing a game in Ottawa with a lower-body injury, Alex Ovechkin hit the ice at the Capitals’ practice facility in Virginia. Two minutes later, he left the ice. But no need to worry, he came back for about 15 minutes of light skating.
OK, some need to worry – Ovechkin was wearing a powder-blue jersey, which according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post usually means no contact. Not that there was anyone out there to hit him, as he was skating by himself.
The Caps – with just three wins in their last 12 – host the Habs tomorrow, then play in Toronto Saturday against a Leafs team that’s also fighting (poorly) to make the playoffs.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 37
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 27
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 75
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)