Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The morning after missing a game in Ottawa with a lower-body injury, Alex Ovechkin hit the ice at the Capitals’ practice facility in Virginia. Two minutes later, he left the ice. But no need to worry, he came back for about 15 minutes of light skating.
OK, some need to worry – Ovechkin was wearing a powder-blue jersey, which according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post usually means no contact. Not that there was anyone out there to hit him, as he was skating by himself.
The Caps – with just three wins in their last 12 – host the Habs tomorrow, then play in Toronto Saturday against a Leafs team that’s also fighting (poorly) to make the playoffs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5