Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
The morning after missing a game in Ottawa with a lower-body injury, Alex Ovechkin hit the ice at the Capitals’ practice facility in Virginia. Two minutes later, he left the ice. But no need to worry, he came back for about 15 minutes of light skating.
OK, some need to worry – Ovechkin was wearing a powder-blue jersey, which according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post usually means no contact. Not that there was anyone out there to hit him, as he was skating by himself.
The Caps – with just three wins in their last 12 – host the Habs tomorrow, then play in Toronto Saturday against a Leafs team that’s also fighting (poorly) to make the playoffs.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 12
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 12
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)