Feb 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The morning after missing a game in Ottawa with a lower-body injury, Alex Ovechkin hit the ice at the Capitals’ practice facility in Virginia. Two minutes later, he left the ice. But no need to worry, he came back for about 15 minutes of light skating.
OK, some need to worry – Ovechkin was wearing a powder-blue jersey, which according to Katie Carrera of the Washington Post usually means no contact. Not that there was anyone out there to hit him, as he was skating by himself.
The Caps – with just three wins in their last 12 – host the Habs tomorrow, then play in Toronto Saturday against a Leafs team that’s also fighting (poorly) to make the playoffs.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17