Feb 23, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
The extent of the injury is unknown at present time, though it’s being reported Anderson cut his hand in a home accident. Sportsnet claims Anderson is expected to miss at least the next 10 days, but depending on how bad the cut is, he could be out longer.
Anderson, who is in the midst of a four-game winning streak, was treated at a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, according to NHL.com. This isn’t the first random injury for Anderson as he also had a bizarre setback during warm-ups when he was a member of the Colorado Avalanche last season.
How this plays into GM Bryan Murray’s trade deadline plans remains to be seen. The good news is that he might get just enough time to determine the extent of the injury by Monday. One could argue that the Senators should have the same short-term focus in the goalie trade market as the hated Toronto Maple Leafs, but that viewpoint could shift substantially in the next few days.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 18
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)