Feb 23, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
The extent of the injury is unknown at present time, though it’s being reported Anderson cut his hand in a home accident. Sportsnet claims Anderson is expected to miss at least the next 10 days, but depending on how bad the cut is, he could be out longer.
Anderson, who is in the midst of a four-game winning streak, was treated at a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, according to NHL.com. This isn’t the first random injury for Anderson as he also had a bizarre setback during warm-ups when he was a member of the Colorado Avalanche last season.
How this plays into GM Bryan Murray’s trade deadline plans remains to be seen. The good news is that he might get just enough time to determine the extent of the injury by Monday. One could argue that the Senators should have the same short-term focus in the goalie trade market as the hated Toronto Maple Leafs, but that viewpoint could shift substantially in the next few days.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2