Feb 23, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
The extent of the injury is unknown at present time, though it’s being reported Anderson cut his hand in a home accident. Sportsnet claims Anderson is expected to miss at least the next 10 days, but depending on how bad the cut is, he could be out longer.
Anderson, who is in the midst of a four-game winning streak, was treated at a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, according to NHL.com. This isn’t the first random injury for Anderson as he also had a bizarre setback during warm-ups when he was a member of the Colorado Avalanche last season.
How this plays into GM Bryan Murray’s trade deadline plans remains to be seen. The good news is that he might get just enough time to determine the extent of the injury by Monday. One could argue that the Senators should have the same short-term focus in the goalie trade market as the hated Toronto Maple Leafs, but that viewpoint could shift substantially in the next few days.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)