Feb 23, 2012, 7:03 PM EDT
The extent of the injury is unknown at present time, though it’s being reported Anderson cut his hand in a home accident. Sportsnet claims Anderson is expected to miss at least the next 10 days, but depending on how bad the cut is, he could be out longer.
Anderson, who is in the midst of a four-game winning streak, was treated at a local hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, according to NHL.com. This isn’t the first random injury for Anderson as he also had a bizarre setback during warm-ups when he was a member of the Colorado Avalanche last season.
How this plays into GM Bryan Murray’s trade deadline plans remains to be seen. The good news is that he might get just enough time to determine the extent of the injury by Monday. One could argue that the Senators should have the same short-term focus in the goalie trade market as the hated Toronto Maple Leafs, but that viewpoint could shift substantially in the next few days.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39