Feb 23, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has played 343 games in the NHL, and not one of them has been at Joe Louis Arena. Which wouldn’t be such a big deal, except Booth was born in Detroit and his family had season tickets to the Red Wings while he was growing up. Therefore, it’s no surprise that Booth will have loads of familial support in the stands tonight.
Via the Vancouver Sun:
His parents, Mike and Karen, still have a share of those season tickets after 28 seasons. Their daughter, Rachael, and another of their three sons, Joel, will be in the seats tonight. Joel will be the one in green.
“He’s going to dress as a Green Man,” Mike said Wednesday on the phone after picking up David for dinner. “You’ll be able to see him on TV. That will be my son. We are all Canucks.”
There’s a bunch of other stuff in the story, like how Booth was supposed to play in Detroit when he was a rookie with the Panthers, but hurt his knee right before and had to sit out.
But here’s the only thing I want to know – is Joel actually going to dress up as a Green Man tonight, or was that just a joke? Because I was always under the impression you were supposed to play it cool when you had a sibling that was a professional athlete. Like, “Yeah, that’s my bro out there. It’s pretty neat I guess. He used to wet the bed every night.” (Because obviously there’s some jealousy too.)
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 9
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)