Feb 23, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has played 343 games in the NHL, and not one of them has been at Joe Louis Arena. Which wouldn’t be such a big deal, except Booth was born in Detroit and his family had season tickets to the Red Wings while he was growing up. Therefore, it’s no surprise that Booth will have loads of familial support in the stands tonight.
Via the Vancouver Sun:
His parents, Mike and Karen, still have a share of those season tickets after 28 seasons. Their daughter, Rachael, and another of their three sons, Joel, will be in the seats tonight. Joel will be the one in green.
“He’s going to dress as a Green Man,” Mike said Wednesday on the phone after picking up David for dinner. “You’ll be able to see him on TV. That will be my son. We are all Canucks.”
There’s a bunch of other stuff in the story, like how Booth was supposed to play in Detroit when he was a rookie with the Panthers, but hurt his knee right before and had to sit out.
But here’s the only thing I want to know – is Joel actually going to dress up as a Green Man tonight, or was that just a joke? Because I was always under the impression you were supposed to play it cool when you had a sibling that was a professional athlete. Like, “Yeah, that’s my bro out there. It’s pretty neat I guess. He used to wet the bed every night.” (Because obviously there’s some jealousy too.)
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 28
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 50
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)