Feb 23, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has played 343 games in the NHL, and not one of them has been at Joe Louis Arena. Which wouldn’t be such a big deal, except Booth was born in Detroit and his family had season tickets to the Red Wings while he was growing up. Therefore, it’s no surprise that Booth will have loads of familial support in the stands tonight.
Via the Vancouver Sun:
His parents, Mike and Karen, still have a share of those season tickets after 28 seasons. Their daughter, Rachael, and another of their three sons, Joel, will be in the seats tonight. Joel will be the one in green.
“He’s going to dress as a Green Man,” Mike said Wednesday on the phone after picking up David for dinner. “You’ll be able to see him on TV. That will be my son. We are all Canucks.”
There’s a bunch of other stuff in the story, like how Booth was supposed to play in Detroit when he was a rookie with the Panthers, but hurt his knee right before and had to sit out.
But here’s the only thing I want to know – is Joel actually going to dress up as a Green Man tonight, or was that just a joke? Because I was always under the impression you were supposed to play it cool when you had a sibling that was a professional athlete. Like, “Yeah, that’s my bro out there. It’s pretty neat I guess. He used to wet the bed every night.” (Because obviously there’s some jealousy too.)
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)