Feb 23, 2012, 5:18 PM EDT
Canucks winger David Booth has played 343 games in the NHL, and not one of them has been at Joe Louis Arena. Which wouldn’t be such a big deal, except Booth was born in Detroit and his family had season tickets to the Red Wings while he was growing up. Therefore, it’s no surprise that Booth will have loads of familial support in the stands tonight.
Via the Vancouver Sun:
His parents, Mike and Karen, still have a share of those season tickets after 28 seasons. Their daughter, Rachael, and another of their three sons, Joel, will be in the seats tonight. Joel will be the one in green.
“He’s going to dress as a Green Man,” Mike said Wednesday on the phone after picking up David for dinner. “You’ll be able to see him on TV. That will be my son. We are all Canucks.”
There’s a bunch of other stuff in the story, like how Booth was supposed to play in Detroit when he was a rookie with the Panthers, but hurt his knee right before and had to sit out.
But here’s the only thing I want to know – is Joel actually going to dress up as a Green Man tonight, or was that just a joke? Because I was always under the impression you were supposed to play it cool when you had a sibling that was a professional athlete. Like, “Yeah, that’s my bro out there. It’s pretty neat I guess. He used to wet the bed every night.” (Because obviously there’s some jealousy too.)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 36
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)