Feb 23, 2012, 1:33 AM EDT
Falling in line with an argument I submitted recently, Bob McKenzie discussed the Los Angeles Kings’ chances of landing Rick Nash – and how they might be better off going with his Columbus Blue Jackets teammate Jeff Carter.
(That’s not to say that he’s better, the argument revolves around the fact that he’s easier to get and less expensive to employ.)
McKenzie also points out another logical possibility of renting Edmonton Oilers winger Ales Hemsky, but that would require Dean Lombardi and Steve Tambellini to really hug it out after those Bernie Madoff comments. (Not to mention the fact that the Kings would have to ignore how poorly their last deadline deal went with Edmonton, as Dustin Penner has eaten far more pancakes than he scored goals.)This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 18
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 17
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 119
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7