Feb 22, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
After sitting out yesterday against Detroit, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews will also miss tomorrow’s home game versus Dallas.
The ‘Hawks are calling it an upper-body injury, which predictably has reporters asking if it’s a concussion.
“It’s upper body, we’ll leave it at that,” said coach Joel Quenneville, as reported by Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
However, a source tells ChicagoNow.com that Toews’ injury is indeed a concussion, and another source says it was suffered against the San Jose Sharks on Feb. 10.
If that’s the case, it raises the question, did Toews play five games with a concussion?
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24