Feb 22, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
After sitting out yesterday against Detroit, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews will also miss tomorrow’s home game versus Dallas.
The ‘Hawks are calling it an upper-body injury, which predictably has reporters asking if it’s a concussion.
“It’s upper body, we’ll leave it at that,” said coach Joel Quenneville, as reported by Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
However, a source tells ChicagoNow.com that Toews’ injury is indeed a concussion, and another source says it was suffered against the San Jose Sharks on Feb. 10.
If that’s the case, it raises the question, did Toews play five games with a concussion?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39