Feb 22, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
Since re-landing in Detroit, Todd Bertuzzi‘s been a big man with savvy skills for the Red Wings. His ability to help move the offense and as well as his shootout abilities have helped him stick around and be productive.
Now his agent, Pat Morris, is saying that he’ll be sticking around Detroit for another couple of seasons. Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press hears from Morris that the two sides are working things out and a deal could be announced as soon as tomorrow.
Bertuzzi has 12 goals and 29 points this season while riding shotgun alongside Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen on Detroit’s top line. When Wings GM Ken Holland brought Bertuzzi back as a free agent before the 2009-2010 season, many Wings faithful wondered why as Bertuzzi’s first stint in Detroit in ’06-’07 as a deadline pickup didn’t go well at all.
Since then, he’s persevered after spins with Anaheim and Calgary and has made Detroit his home for the last three seasons. Love him or hate him, and there’s plenty that do, he’s been a steady producer in Detroit — a fact that probably makes him disliked all the more.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)